• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ecfc v colchester matchday thread

Citysupporter2099

Great win today! Unbeaten in 6 now and a great crowd!! we can do it lads :) Great noise from all home areas of the ground as well :D keep it up you city boys!!! :D

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Good performance , deserved win.

Jones made two excellent stops his one in the 2nd half top draw , didnt like it when he turned and did the hush sign...

Taylor and Duffy superb...

Sercombe in midfield today showed how far he's come , drive , ability to spot a pass and his tackle 2nd half when city got caught out superb , hard , fair and superbly timed.

Fleets took his goal well , perhaps a bit too little too late , but big goal for us today.

Corr , thought he touch was dire , hold the bloody thing up...

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Get in zideee!!! Good lads.
I'm absolutely delighted with this, looks like we'll be seeing the dirty gargs again next year!!! UTC!!!
Serious grin on my face right now! :D

Teignmouth Red

What he said!

Wasn't Platts a big 'orrible lump?

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Thought that we played some great stuff today, although I was still a bit nervous. Colchester had 2 or 3 very good chances that they should have scored. Jonesy made 2 superb saves, didn't see the 'hush' sign that Credy mentioned but I would blame him seeing as he was getting serious flacks about his kicking in a nasty wind.

Without those 2 saves then we would have lost but Sercs was my MOTM, not least for that run back and brilliant tackle when we were hit on the break.

Anyone know who got sponsors MOTM? and also the attendance? Announcing it after the final whistle is a much better idea but I'd prefer if Fullsy waited until the crowd weren't making so much noise, even in the BB where the tannoy is fairly loud I didn't have a clue what he was saying.

Grecian2K

Sercombe in midfield today showed how far he's come , drive , ability to spot a pass and his tackle 2nd half when city got caught out superb , hard , fair and superbly timed.
Must agree there Creds - that tackle stands out as the moment of the game for me (along with Jonah's save, of course...oh, plus Fleets' goal....& Ryan's penalty)

Bittners a Legend

Anyone know who got sponsors MOTM? and also the attendance? Announcing it after the final whistle is a much better idea but I'd prefer if Fullsy waited until the crowd weren't making so much noise, even in the BB where the tannoy is fairly loud I didn't have a clue what he was saying.
Duffy got MOTM and I think the attendance was about 6,300.

Fantastic team performance and I thought we didn't panic quite as much today as we have in recent weeks. A couple of very important saves from Jones and superb performances across the back and in midfield.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Must agree there Creds - that tackle stands out as the moment of the game for me (along with Jonah's save, of course...oh, plus Fleets' goal....& Ryan's penalty)
the ground he covered to make that tackle was immense , love a tackle like that...you dont see it often enough these days.

Joshyd123

Anyone know who got sponsors MOTM? and also the attendance? .
Richard Duffy and 6,297.

Last edited:

Grecian_Jay

Great performance today, lots of energy and pace. Fleetwood really made a difference.

Sercs absolute quality today, Duffy and Jones not far behind.

Even Stewart played well, if he is gonna play then it has to be deep coz he was 10x better today when he wasn't up front.