• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ECFC -v-Burton Albion official match day thread

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Did ampadu play in defence again?

muppetdodger

Did ampadu play in defence again?
Yeah he did, he looked amazing for his age and despite losing out a couple of times he handled the burley no12 very well I thought. Thought it was amausing that we ended with a centre back pairing aged 15 and 39!! Thought smallcombe looked good and thought we were superb before all the changes. Bodes well as long as we carry it into the season - Tisdale is bound to make us go back in our shell at home as soon as August comes along.

davecg

Lack of midfield cover is a worry for me.
Harley out yesterday so Ollie Watkins played CM, never want to see that, such an influence going forward he is wasted in there. Tillson and Byrne not competent replacements for James and Harley as yet and we look short of quality in this area.
Another solid display, not only didn't concede but Bobby didn't really have anything of note to do.

Red Bill

Lack of midfield cover is a worry for me.
Harley out yesterday so Ollie Watkins played CM, never want to see that, such an influence going forward he is wasted in there. Tillson and Byrne not competent replacements for James and Harley as yet and we look short of quality in this area.
Another solid display, not only didn't concede but Bobby didn't really have anything of note to do.
I hear David Noble's looking for a club!

davecg

I hear David Noble's looking for a club!
I am a big Noble fan and was sad to see him go but I can understand it if we have a younger replacement coming in to move things forward, sadly that doesn't seem to be the case. James looks fine, time will tell, but I don't see any great upgrade in that area and we just look light on numbers.

muppetdodger

I am a big Noble fan and was sad to see him go but I can understand it if we have a younger replacement coming in to move things forward, sadly that doesn't seem to be the case. James looks fine, time will tell, but I don't see any great upgrade in that area and we just look light on numbers.
I thought James was the one layer last night who didn't look good enough. Noble would be far better cover.

hardi2b

Noble would be far better cover.
From what I subsume following last years reported performances ....true but for a diminishing / unpredictable number of game-time minutes.

May be wrong but that's my sense......

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm assuming TAH is on some kind of limited appearance contract, I'd be happy for Noble to be on one as well.

hardi2b

I am unfamiliar with the new acquisitions. Would any of them prove to be a suitable game-time replacement without disrupting the the flow or character of play or having to make unnecessary positional / supplementary substitutions ? On the face of it the "limited appearance " looks like a good idea Sturtz.