• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ecfc v brentford matchday thread

As no-one else has bothered I thought I would start.
Hoping for a decent performance to encourage us to come to the next 2 rather uninspiring league fixtures.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Hoping for few changes to the team tonight. Would like to see CRL and NO players over 30.

David Treharne

It's a lovely morning in Exeter. Cloudless sky and currently 13c, with no rainfall in the last 24 hours and barely any breeze, though notionally its coming from NNW. Should be much warmer, later, and undoubtedly the sprinklers will be in use, as the ground looks very hard. Update around 17:00...oh a goal from the home team would be a welcome bonus.

charEXE

Hoping for few changes to the team tonight. Would like to see CRL and NO players over 30.
I remember the last time we played a competitive match with no older players.....

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I'd like to see us field our strongest available XI (in their correct positions too would be a bonus!) and try to catch Brentford Ressies on the hop before securing a plum London-ish away tie in the 2nd round.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I remember the last time we played a competitive match with no older players.....
I can't...enlighten us?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
I'd like to see us field our strongest available XI (in their correct positions too would be a bonus!) and try to catch Brentford Ressies on the hop before securing a plum London-ish away tie in the 2nd round.
Agreed. In the league cup you always get some championship sides going out to lower league sides. We showed last season we could beat Swindon and port vale, and gave Sunderland and Liverpool problems. The main concern for me would be who is available in defence.

If we play well and still go out then it's no disgrace, but I want to leave the ground tonight in the knowledge we couldn't have done any more to try and get through.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The draw for the 2nd round will take place on Wednesday evening after the Luton vs Aston Villa tie. Premiership clubs not involved in Europe will be included, e.g. Liverpool, Everton and Chelsea. If Liverpool is drawn at Anfield, special dispensation has been given for them to play the game away at the other clubs ground.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
The draw for the 2nd round will take place on Wednesday evening after the Luton vs Aston Villa tie. Premiership clubs not involved in Europe will be included, e.g. Liverpool, Everton and Chelsea. If Liverpool is drawn at Anfield, special dispensation has been given for them to play the game away at the other clubs ground.
Why, may I ask? Is it to do with the stadium redevelopment?