• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ECFC Transfers, in/outs Summer of 2018

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
As much as there’s little time left, I think the next few days are going to be huge for transfers. Two players in and two players out are my guess. One probably being a keeper
Unless it’s incoming hopefully two will be goalkeepers. If Pym leaves and we don’t replace him we’re f***ed, there’s no-one else even remotely near L2 standard here other than him.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Unless it’s incoming hopefully two will be goalkeepers. If Pym leaves and we don’t replace him we’re f***ed, there’s no-one else even remotely near L2 standard here other than him.
Pym is also a quite a long way from being a League 2 standard keeper. Would be a blow for the team if we lost him.

Spoonz Red E

Another reason we need those extra few players as cover is the style of play Matt is promising.

Running football is going to be sapping on wet winter pitches with two games a week. The strength and fitness coach will obviously help with this (good call Matt) but sometimes back up will be needed due to knocks, dead legs and muscle fatigue.

Langer

Are you saying what I think you saying Artur time.

milts

Are you saying what I think you saying Artur time.
God I hope not.

Spoonz Red E

Apart from Hamon we've got a Weale, a Wheeler (?).
A wee list.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Another reason we need those extra few players as cover is the style of play Matt is promising.

Running football is going to be sapping on wet winter pitches with two games a week. The strength and fitness coach will obviously help with this (good call Matt) but sometimes back up will be needed due to knocks, dead legs and muscle fatigue.
I'm all for this strength and conditioning coach, but I'm thinking people have too high expectations in the extent to which it'll eliminate any long-term injury problems in the squad.

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pym is also a quite a long way from being a League 2 standard keeper. Would be a blow for the team if we lost him.
You jest surely? Didn't he play for the England C team or whatever it was? I'd say he was definitely L2 standard!

jrg333

You jest surely? Didn't he play for the England C team or whatever it was? I'd say he was definitely L2 standard!
Presumably he's implying that Pym's a long way above League 2 standard...

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
I mean... his standard is quite far from League 2 in the opposite direction. Can't see him sticking at this level for long. Outstanding last season.