• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ECFC Transfers, in/outs Summer of 2018

Gordon Dale

Grecian-on-Tyne : Thanks for the posting . Without doubt this is make or break for Matt this season. I'd love to see him back but I genuinely hope he makes it in the championship. Despite his period at Leeds, which has become very much a football managers graveyard , I definitely think he's good enough.

ECFC89

So when are we getting some more signings then? Season is three weeks away.

Intheknow84

Until anything is signed on a dotted line it’s never confirmed plenty of times we have been pipped at the last with signings due to budget and location. As with Wagstaff Wimbledon gave a better financial package by some length we could not compete with at the last minute.

Last edited:

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Until anything is signed on a dotted line it’s never confirmed plenty of times we have been pipped at the last with signings due to budget and location. As with Wagstaff Wimbledon gave a better financial package by some length we could not compete with at the last minute.
True and you did call the Harley and James transfers so don’t think you’re making things up.

You did say last week that one or two were expecting to sign this week. Was one of them Wagstaff? Any idea on who else we’re lookjng st and whether anything is close?

Intheknow84

I know the club are waiting on hearing if several players are going to be involved with their clubs for loans. We have put our names in the hat for the two from wba, Grimes, Wheeler and a young Lad from Blackburn don’t know a name but this is to do with The new assistant managers connections.
But... it comes down to if the player wants to come and what other clubs are in for them.

Permenant wise, a midfielder is expected no name at present, there were three I understand we were in contact with. Wagstaff was closest at that point but that’s not come off so hopefully one of the other options.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I know the club are waiting on hearing if several players are going to be involved with their clubs for loans. We have put our names in the hat for the two from wba, Grimes, Wheeler and a young Lad from Blackburn don’t know a name but this is to do with The new assistant managers connections.
But... it comes down to if the player wants to come and what other clubs are in for them.

Permenant wise, a midfielder is expected no name at present, there were three I understand we were in contact with. Wagstaff was closest at that point but that’s not come off so hopefully one of the other options.
Cheers. Things will start to move pretty soon I’m sure as we’re not far away now from the season opener.

Grimes and Wheeler would be lovely but just can’t see it.

Intheknow84

To be honest me neither but we have asked if they are available and have to see

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
To be honest me neither but we have asked if they are available and have to see
No harm in asking for sure!

speedyflo

I could see Wheeler at MK Dons on loan possibly

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good interview and sincerely hope he will now get his chance to show what he is capable of at Swansea and go on to fulfill the potential that he showed when with us.