• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ECFC Transfers, in/outs Summer of 2017

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I concur fully with this, and considering the position we were in 12 months ago and the "Tisdale out" thread. What a turnaround! I have to confess to joining the "Tisdale out" lot and "hands up" for being wrong. Onward and upward (I hope)
Me too largely due to the fact that a couple of seasons ago his team selections, tactics, substitutions and after match interviews seemed somewhat indecipherable. Still cannot put my finger on it but midway through last season everything seemed to click but not only that players like Craig Woodman (one of the rightful criticisms of PT being that he seemed to play him regardless of performance levels) suddenly showed that he was more than a decent player after all.

I guess much of our new found faith in PT stems from how the team is currently playing but in fairness to him his skills as a team builder are now beginning to show through. It is clear that he and let's also give SP some credit for his contribution also, certainly does not sign players purely on how well they can kick a ball about but on their character, having a few more brain cells than the average footballer and yes being "proper chaps" and that we are now starting to see the benefits of this.

chunkymorrinmunter

Tagg described Matt Oakley as " Assistant Manager ". That slipped under the radar as far as I'm concerned, was there an announcement I missed ?
So what is Wayne Carlisles and Mel Gwinnetts titles?any ideas anybody.?

Red Bill

First team coaches I think

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I've unstickied this thread. It's been interesting!

Red Monster

Wayne Carlisle is head of coaching from under 9's through the age groups to develop the coaches at the club his salary is
Funded by the football league.

chunkymorrinmunter

Wayne Carlisle is head of coaching from under 9's through the age groups to develop the coaches at the club his salary is
Funded by the football league.
So he coaches the coaches?