• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ECFC Transfers, in/outs Summer of 2016

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
So, are we interested in Dan Butler? Sounds like he could do a job for us.

ecfc2000

So, are we interested in Dan Butler? Sounds like he could do a job for us.
Turned down a new deal at Torquay I hear. Got something lined up with a FL club. Hopefully us!

Number13

Turned down a new deal at Torquay I hear. Got something lined up with a FL club. Hopefully us!
Either the most obvious transfer of the summer or a classic case of putting 2 and 2 together and making 17

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
We'd never sign Butler if Noel Blake was still in charge.

I'm here all week, or something.*

*Actually I won't be online tomorrow, I'll be asleep!

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
but if Torquay offered him the at least same deal as he was on previously couldn't they ask for a fee as he is under 24?

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
but if Torquay offered him the at least same deal as he was on previously couldn't they ask for a fee as he is under 24?
That's a good point, which probably means this one hasn't got any legs

iscalad

charEXE

I think the fee only happens if he came through the clubs academy, which butler didn't, he came through Portsmouth's

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
I think the fee only happens if he came through the clubs academy, which butler didn't, he came through Portsmouth's
That's the eppp you are thinking of. For players on pro deals clubs are entitled to a fee if they have matched the players terms and he is under 24.

Joshyd123

The fact that the E&E have, once again, made this a 'rumour' purely because myself and about 3 other people mentioned it on Twitter is absolutely laughable. He won't be joining us.