• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ECFC Transfers, in/outs Summer of 2016

Red Bill

Heard a rumour that the cornish have offered Ribs a deal. Don't think he'll stay anyway but would be surprised and disappointed if he went there!

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Something I thought Troy Brown did magnificently the season just gone - given he appeared to be a frontrunner for POTY others must have thought the same. Ho hum.
I voted for him!

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
http://m.exeterexpressandecho.co.uk/Paul-Tisdale-expecting-finish-transfer-business/story-29376936-detail/story.html

Quite an encouraging article....So we can expect another three signings and Tisdale says defence needs strengthening.

If we get these signings right it will give us a huge boost going into the season.
Yep I felt the same after reading it. Tisdale is obviously keeping all his options open and I would applaud him for not taking the easy option and committing himself to any of the out of contract players. This to me appears to suggest that like many of us with the obvious exception of Ribs he feels that if he can get better players in to replace the others and strengthen the squad he will do......only time will tell.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Something I thought Troy Brown did magnificently the season just gone - given he appeared to be a frontrunner for POTY others must have thought the same. Ho hum.
Jason, you only have to look at the type of goals we conceded on a consistent basis last season to see we lack some aerial ability and cohesion at the back. I'm not levelling the blame solely at the two CBs, indeed olejnik, the fullbacks and midfield need to take responsibility but a more experienced head at the back would do us wonders.

For the record Troy Brown did well last season but we concede far too many goals to be successful.

Terryhall

Jason, you only have to look at the type of goals we conceded on a consistent basis last season to see we lack some aerial ability and cohesion at the back. I'm not levelling the blame solely at the two CBs, indeed olejnik, the fullbacks and midfield need to take responsibility but a more experienced head at the back would do us wonders.

For the record Troy Brown did well last season but we concede far too many goals to be successful.
Good point about the full backs, I would be interested to see what % of goals we conceded from crosses on our left flank.

chunkymorrinmunter

Good point about the full backs, I would be interested to see what % of goals we conceded from crosses on our left flank.
I would say about 80% .especially at home where it appeared that every opponents goal originated from left back /left side areas

andrew p long

Hmmm. What goes around, comes around.

Last summer Ribs kept ECFC waiting on a contract offer whilst looking for something better and/or with more money.

This summer ECFC keep Ribs waiting on a contract offer whilst looking for someone better and/or for less money.

I hope this pans out with Ribs Noble and Nicholls re-signed on acceptable terms; current strategy may be right but runs the risk of Ribs saying ' I had no option,because ECFC didn't make me an offer'

Last edited:

Banksy

Last summer Ribs kept ECFC waiting on a contract offer whilst looking for something better and/or with more money.

This summer ECFC keep Ribs waiting on a contract offer whilst looking for someone better and/or for less money.

I hope this pans out with Ribs Noble and Nicholls re-signed on acceptable terms; current strategy may be right but runs the risk of Ribs saying ' I had no option,because ECFC didn't make me an offer'
Depends what you call acceptable terms , as signing all three would mean that Tis has no room cash wise for the three new players he hopes to sign.

Pobbop

Depends what you call acceptable terms , as signing all three would mean that Tis has no room cash wise for the three new players he hopes to sign.
Indeed, I like Nicholls, but we have players similar, and we need a left-back. If there's a good one around that we have to pay decent wages for, I don't think we can justify having Alex on board. In fact giving the situation that we're clearly giving him a reduced wage, I hope for his sake he goes elsewhere.

oxford don

I was under the impression it was the other way around to be honest. I thought I read somewhere that last season Ribs had a couple of offers and we kept him dangling until July.

If we haven't made him an offer presumably this is because; a. he really doesn't want to stay and b. If he doesn't get any other offers we could get him for less than we paid him last season.

I don't think anyone's dicking any one around to be honest that's just the way the players agents operate these days. If the Club was keen to keep Ribs and Ribs was keen to stay a deal would have been done before the seasons end I would have thought.

What surprises me however is that we didn't offer Ribs at least a 2 year deal after his sterling first season. If we had, we could perhaps have got something for him now.