• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Eating Out, Your Dining reviews

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
A bit spoilt for choice in this neck of the woods, but for me I go for the decent pub grub, and the Gumstool Inn not far from Tetbury is excellent

Alistair20000

Would it help if i said that i sat in the car and ate it? The location don't come into it

It had taken ages to get back to Bristol because i managed to time it so that i hit all of the traffic leaving the WSM airshow, or whatever it was called, and i was bleddy starving by then. More prior preparation required. A small high quality picnic could have been packed.

On the plus side, i did see the Vulcan fly over the motorway (y) Is this one of Tony Moxey's violent films ?

As above Lionel.

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
On my day off yesterday, I took myself off to St Austell, by train, well if you have a Devon & Cornwall Rail Card, will travel!! Gorgeous weather, lovely stroll around the town, and then thoughts turned to lunch, found my self here, and this is what I had, with a couple of popoadoms, the pickles & a glass of cold Cobra

http://www.nepalesegurkha.co.uk/takeaway/staustell/dish/252/Garlic_Piro_Kukhura

Service & the meal were top notch, only the fact that the poppadoms were not as fresh as they could have been, knocked the score down a little, the main course with the pilau raice was very tasty, not overly hot, just the right kick, another I would certainly use again.

8/10

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
The last time I dined out was the Namaste Gurkha in Blandford Forum.

Very popular with the locals, so it's best to book early for a weekend sitting.

crocks

Blunsdon Arms, North Swindon. 45 minutes before food was served and then the steak was tough and had to sent back. We had fiinshed our meals before the replacement meal arrived. Then desserts took a further age to come out. Food was ok but nothing spectacular.

Needless to say, we wont be going back in a hurry.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Blunsdon Arms, North Swindon. 45 minutes before food was served and then the steak was tough and had to sent back. We had fiinshed our meals before the replacement meal arrived. Then desserts took a further age to come out. Food was ok but nothing spectacular.

Needless to say, we wont be going back in a hurry.
I enjoyed my last visit there - I found a screwed up £10 under the table.

Joyce often asks I have any interest in 'eating out'.

When I politely decline, she invariably retires to the bedroom to do some sewing on the electric Singer 185K with its distinctive hum.

Alistair20000

Joyce often asks I have any interest in 'eating out'.

When I politely decline, she invariably retires to the bedroom to do some sewing on the electric Singer 185K with its distinctive hum.
Have you ever thought that "eating out" might be a polite suggestion for you to light the BBQ Michael ?

Light the BBQ Michael ?
Last summer the flame on my Weber Summit E670 flickered and died. I had all the pumps and tubes checked, but to no avail.

Joyce has been in a black mood ever since.

Anyhow, I have decided not to replace the Weber, in favour of some sumptuous new garden furniture:

This will certainly please Joyce, as she has been hinting for months that she would like to go swinging.