• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Double Yellows

Mark Cordell

Double yellow lines are (i think i am correct in saying) there to say no stopping at any times.

Heard a story from a customer today of a car parked on double yellows at 0000 hours up country somewhere, he was in a lorry and leaving a yard where he had just delivered. The car was on double yellows and blocking the exit from this yard. The police were called but would do nothing regards to getting the vehicle towed or at least a parking ticket. Instead they helped to bounce the vehicle onto the pavement so the lorry could pass. Is this simply a case that they can't be bothered to do paperwork that goes with such cases, seems ridiculous!!

Rant over.

citysfinest

The big powers have silenced me. So much for free
Police only act if there is no tax or insurance against the vehicle, or maybe if it's obviously been abandoned. It's down to the council parking services to issue parking tickets and organise the removal of cars parked like this.

Police do less and less, ditching as much as they can on the local councils.

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
Police only act if there is no tax or insurance against the vehicle, or maybe if it's obviously been abandoned. It's down to the council parking services to issue parking tickets and organise the removal of cars parked like this.

Police do less and less, ditching as much as they can on the local councils.
Yup, and most councils have done away with tow services. You can't be towed in Bristol and haven't been able for a couple of years.

Exe on Valdez

2 yellows make a red.

Ask Nardyellow.

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
The police were called but would do nothing regards to getting the vehicle towed or at least a parking ticket.
The police don't issue 'parking tickets' (or Penalty Charge Notices).

Rog H K

The police don't issue 'parking tickets' (or Penalty Charge Notices).
The Trafic cops will, the ones that have the white flat hats on.

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
The ones that have the white flat hats on.
They only cover Lego City surely.

Rog H K

They only cover Lego City surely.
They are around Gov! um? er? Somewhere?*-)

citysfinest

The big powers have silenced me. So much for free
The Trafic cops will, the ones that have the white flat hats on.
Police who wear White flat hats are family liason officers who only show up at fatal road traffic accidents, as they get details then visit the family of the deceased to inform them.