• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Dortmund and Exeter flag

xtrcty

Hello chaps,
Thanks for your answers - I'd like to get hold of that programme if I can please? Can anyone tell me which one it is?
Danke schoen!

bigtrees

Hello chaps,
Thanks for your answers - I'd like to get hold of that programme if I can please? Can anyone tell me which one it is?
Danke schoen!
The programme you need is the Cheltenham Town match (Saturday 20th April 2013).

The flag belongs to myself and a group of posties who travelled to Dortmund last March, we commissioned a flag for the trip. I follow Dortmund and as previously mentioned both clubs share a common link and that is the two terraces. Dortmunds' is the largest in the world and City's the largest in England. When I donated the flag to the club I did mention that the Exeter should contact Dortmund and try and get a link-up between the two clubs. Maybe Dortmund might send a young side over for a pre-season friendly, it was worth asking. Having contacted Dortmund on a number of occasions, I know they are a friendly open minded club, even taking into consideration the size of the club.

So that solves the mystery, if any one loves European football I would recommend a trip to the Westfalenstadion. You'll be hooked. Off to Dortmund v Nurnberg in March.

xtrcty

Hi big trees,
Thanks for the info, I will see if I can grab a copy of the programme. My German girlfriend's sister's boyfriend is a Dortmund fan and we got him a city shirt on our last visit so it would be nice to track down a copy for him.

We tried to get to a Dortmund away game recently, unsurprisingly sold out. Would love so stand with the yellow wall sometime!

Cheers