• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Doncaster Rovers A.F.C. v Exeter City A.F.C. Official Match Day Thread.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
That five game spell was bizarre. Two v Sunderland and three v Maidstone. Possibly the only time something similar has occurred? Completely off topic but we had 24 games that season not on a Saturday, and a pretty settled group of players. No need of rotation back then, but one similarity this season. Quite a lot of wins and not too many draws which has enabled us to stay in he hunt despite 15? Losses.
Add the two Dartford games, who shared ther Watling Street Road with Maidstone, into the equation. It was a very bizarre sequence of games.

Spoonz Red E

Good spot, Spoonz. Joel Grant's post match interview confirmed as such, and was surprised because JMT had miskicked in training !
It was all there in this prophetic sign at the Barnet game.
JMT got us off to a flyer then as well.

JMT Woo indeed.

The picture still is taken from this vid just put up on Club YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd52fE9Hckc

I love these vids ....

grecian55

That was an amazing, incredible experience and one of those magical City moments that will stick in my mind forever. The whole 90 minutes were a joy to watch and the goals were absolute crackers.

The singing and chanting of our fans was non stop for the whole game and the drummer was perfect. (Sorry Fred) I barely noticed the freezing wind blowing through the stand. Even the Donny fans that I met were magnanimous and admitted that we were the better side.

All in all this was a great day out and so glad that I made the effort. Well done 'Tis and the lads. Hope to see you all at Wembley.
I echo your sentiments of the day out Contra,99% of the Donny fans were great Stewards,Bar Staff etc all friendly and helpful ,home in Barnstaple by 10.30 and well chuffed ,i have criticised Lloyd James on a few occasions this season but he hardly put a foot wrong today ,in fact it was a all round Team performance to be proud of ,good job the net stopped JMT 's goal as if it had carried on it would've started a war in North Korea (rofl),
Great Win ,great away day ,Well done all Grecians involved.

Well-known Exeweb poster
While i appreciate it can be annoying can we please please not have more than a million comments on how crap he is. Usually we literally need a different thread.
Touch ott but f it he deserves the stick. more times than not he's total **** and should stop putting us 90 minutes of turgid bollacks

PeteUSA

Touch ott but f it he deserves the stick. more times than not he's total **** and should stop putting us 90 minutes of turgid bollacks
Who are we talking about?

Well-known Exeweb poster
Paul Tisdale :D

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nah,, sahail...

PeteUSA

Nah,, sahail...
Somehow I dont rate Sahail, as nice a bloke as he might be. Kirky could do the job on his own. He might as well, he screamed out that we'd scored the third before Sahail could draw breath! ;)

Pobbop

Gotta say, having a goal-scoring centre-half called Taylor seems to be a feature of our Good seasons since 89/90. all scored goals at vital times too.

Last edited:

PeteUSA

We had Peter Taylor many moons ago, and that theory didnt hold up with him; although in fairness, he was a left winger playing in a crap team.