• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Doing the BSP proud!

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Whilst Paul Parker probably failed gcse in English, i do get a bit fed up with people that don't even watch Satanta, or if they do jump on the "Paul Parker is rubbish" bandwagon.I am in my second season watching BSP on Satanta, and I thoroughly enjoy the coverage and particulaly Pauls comments.For somebody to say he knows nothing about conference football when he is at 2 or 3 games every week in the season, is a bit daft really.He is a very knowledgable ex international, who is part of a very good set up covering the league we were in for five years,and to also say that we have no relationship with that league just doesn't make sense to me.We regularly watch our players who were part of our sides over those seasons, and are probably also watching some players who may join us in the future.We will
also watch teams we will play next season, so the ties are pretty strong.

However, the two players we thought might get us back in the league, looked what i thought they were at city ---average.So i don't always agree with Parker, but i am sure he sees something i don't with Phillips, apart from work rate.
I don't agree with you on Phillips, but other than that I totally agree. The "Parker is rubbish" bandwagon is very confusing to me as I enjoy listening to him, for the most part at least!

josh4ecfc64

Well-known Exeweb poster
In between a lot of rubbish he takes some sense.

Very accurate on Exeter shortcomings last season and predicted the final results pretty well.

He gave my favorite quote of last season too. " Anyone with Junior Lewis in there side is going to struggle to get 3 points "

Mackster

Of course it reflects well on the BSP. Our team is the same that played in the Conference bar Stewart and has held its own in Lge 2. Last year we were saying our hard it was to get out of the Conf and that there isn't much difference between the bottom 12 in the Lge and the Conf. Now we know we were right.

Give me Parker anytime over the self centred ego's of Lineker, Lawrenson and Hansen. He lacks eloquence but has real passion for the game.

flakey pasty

Well said Mackster.
I love the enthusiasm of Setanta's coverage of the BSP & Parker in particular and also that blond bird.

Don't listen to anything that man says, he knows nothing about non-league tbh.
he knows nothing.

Ellisthegreek

Well-known Exeweb poster
Whats the BSP?
its a Bus Stop Party :D

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Banging's Sad Playpen?

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Whilst Paul Parker probably failed gcse in English, i do get a bit fed up with people that don't even watch Satanta, or if they do jump on the "Paul Parker is rubbish" bandwagon.I am in my second season watching BSP on Satanta, and I thoroughly enjoy the coverage and particulaly Pauls comments.For somebody to say he knows nothing about conference football when he is at 2 or 3 games every week in the season, is a bit daft really.He is a very knowledgable ex international, who is part of a very good set up covering the league we were in for five years,and to also say that we have no relationship with that league just doesn't make sense to me.We regularly watch our players who were part of our sides over those seasons, and are probably also watching some players who may join us in the future.We will
also watch teams we will play next season, so the ties are pretty strong.

However, the two players we thought might get us back in the league, looked what i thought they were at city ---average.So i don't always agree with Parker, but i am sure he sees something i don't with Phillips, apart from work rate.

Good post. While at times PP's English leaves an awful lot to be desired and is quite cliche ridden, he knows his stuff about the BSP and the players in it.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good post. While at times PP's English leaves an awful lot to be desired and is quite cliche ridden, he knows his stuff about the BSP and the players in it.
He certainly knows more than the Setanta team itself. How many captions / line ups were wrong last year (I remember A Taylor playing at centre back last season in one game) and in our play off semi final the commentator (not Parker) called Jonesy Simon Rayner :cool: