• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Does the match matter?

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think losing to L2 sides, in decent stadiums,
oh no no no no no......

Give me Victoria Road or Saltergate over one of them plastic seat retirement homes any time.

Exe bornandbred

Win or lose, away days are fun but the whole point of being there is to watch City! IMO the rest comes as a bonus and part of the enjoyment

LammieLammieLammie

oh no no no no no......

Give me Victoria Road or Saltergate over one of them plastic seat retirement homes any time.
Agree about Darlo, but Bradford and Notts County have history and heritage....

Poultice

Agree about Darlo, but Bradford and Notts County have history and heritage....
Not to mention vast tracts of empty seats, durr, except Bradford of course where they have the good sense to let their own in for next to nowt.

Last edited:

Grecian_Harryj

Yes, they definetly are the best days, Barnet was probably my highlight for the season so far, great train trip, good pub ( although understaffed) and a great result, first experience for me on the tube. Altough agains Aldershot the result mattered, didn't cheer up for hours :(

Last edited:

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
It is often a good day out ruined by the football.
Too true ... the Notts County game was a perfect example of that ...

Went out for a good lunch at a quiet, reserved eaterie (Hooters) followed by some drinks before the game.

The game itself was poor with City being outfought and letting the goal lead drift away ...

Overall - good day, poor performance/game ...

Still better than Burton though ..

NG

Thames Valley Red

Ahh thanks NG I loved your company too.............so did Exmouth Nick!

City Love to you! {Blows kiss in a sarcastic way!}

TVR

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Away days are brilliant, and yes the match matters, and the result, but the day itself from the getting up in the morning to the journey, then getting there, bumping into people you know, and meeting new people, then the togetherness of all the fans. It really does make a great day out. Obviously, if we win, then it tops the day off perfectly

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
For me the result matters but i love the whole experience of an away day. Going away with the YST is awesome. Nothing i enjoy more. When we lose away, my unhappiness is short lived after being in the company of my mates on the bus home. I remember our 4 - 1 thrashing away to Bradford. For me that was my favourite away game despite the result.

Oldsmobile-88

Yes.The match does matter....but its just part of the day.

Its great having a day out & the Grecians have had a good away record for the past 5 seasons,add that with a following,that would have been unheard of in the not too distant past,all adds to generally a cracking day out...Even defeats at the likes of Salisbury,Weymouth & a couple of thrashings at Grays,generally have not taken the gloss of the day out...

Even following the team away in the dark days years ago,when 4-0 drubbings were a regular feature & to get a point was seen as fantastic.I always enjoyed it in a perverse way!...