• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Does Any One Know

Nik Nak

Is illegal for a well known Theme Park close to Exeter to give all staff a pay cut without any kind of knowledge? I would like to the MD himself put have no idea as to how best to. Any help (David Jenkin) Any help would be great.

NN

Last edited:

Nik Nak

sorry but the word
knowledge should have read NOTICE

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
After doing a bit of research coutesy of google, I think it depends entirely on what was in the contract you signed upon being hired. If you didn't sign anything at the time then I guess you're hooped.

Bog standard employment contracts usually state that wages can't be reduced with your agreement. But employers may use the carrot and stick approach i.e. work a 4 day week and keep your job, or we'll make you redundant kind of thing. It is unusual to reduced the hourly rate of pay though.

Sergeant

Your employer is obliged to consult with you over their proposals to change your contractual terms and conditions. Consultation must be meaningful and their is legislation on time length; 20 or more employees 30 days, 100 or more; 90 days. The aim of consultation is to reach agreement; however if this can not be reached then your employer may opt to continue with their plans and serve notice of the change. In terms of legality it would depend on the business grounds for change; if it was reasonable in the circumstances (i.e. they are losing money).

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Is illegal for a well known Theme Park close to Exeter to give all staff a pay cut without any kind of knowledge? I would like to the MD himself put have no idea as to how best to. Any help (David Jenkin) Any help would be great.

NN

Can we have this in english please... the second part needs some help with translation

Tada

Last edited:

Nik Nak

Can we have this in english please... the second part needs some help with translation

Tada[/QUOT

Sorry me English is carp, and I I would like to the MD himself put have no idea as to how best to. Any help (David Jenkin) Any help would be great

what i was trying to put accross was I would be but I have no idea as to how te wtit ip

nn

Fareham Grecian

Tada[/QUOT

Sorry me English is carp, and I I would like to the MD himself put have no idea as to how best to. Any help (David Jenkin) Any help would be great

what i was trying to put accross was I would be but I have no idea as to how te wtit ip

nn
Is it too late for nominations for post of the year?

Nik Nak

Is it too late for nominations for post of the year?
didnt think I needed a degree in English to use this site. Or should I just sit back thinking there but for the grace of god go I TWIT

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev
Paddywack give the dog a bone!

Last edited:

redmullet

Wasn't this thread on the Two Ronnies a few years ago ?