• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Do you want a drum... Yes/No

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
We're supporting the same club FFS - Argyle are already taking the ****!

Do you want Argyle to be known for their great ultra support whilst we're known for having f*ck all atmosphere?!

This will only work if everyone gets behind the Siege, which thus far, they have done. There is a drum that already exists that AlexBB is giving for free to Harry - so it'll be a good tester. Personally cannot see anything wrong with that, and the majority will appreciate the beat. The only way the St Pauli song or we're the red and white army will continue for over 30 seconds is with a consistent beat to keep everyone in time.

Definitely not...

Waste of money for the trust as I very highly doubt a 14 year old will even get enough nerve to smack a drum no matter how good you are..Happily prove me wrong.

Also think as you're the only volunteer for this drum, and you're 14 you wont be getting to every away match due to, simply expense reasons and if your daddy feels like he doesn't want to go one time..

The last thing we want is a drum turning up inconsistantly, it will just make the atmosphere be even more sh*t when we don't have it...

And vocals always out does a drum atmospherically wise.

Note - atmospherically although probably not a word, fit the situation quite well.
You look about 13 and claim to start chants (i guess they must be squeaky) so why would a boy of 14 not be able to bang his drum?

denzil

Not bloody likely !!

JBK94

You look about 13 and claim to start chants (i guess they must be squeaky) so why would a boy of 14 not be able to bang his drum?
Hats off to this kid claiming that he will bang his drum. At least he is being more realistic then a gobsh**te claiming he will let off a smokebomb...

ECFC traveller

Very squeaky Mr Hammer.

Don't think I've ever claimed to have started one though haha

NDMBigBanker

perhaps ecfc traveller could just stick to banging his banana at games :)

ECFC traveller

perhaps ecfc traveller could just stick to banging his banana at games :)
Was going to stop bringing that thing to games, but it'll be at orient by popular demand.

:- )

HarryECFC

Hahh me squeeky. Makes me chuckle... I am 15 in just a few weeks and My age is not of a concern.

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
Give it a try by all means but you really need someone who can keep time to play it. Also, who can keep time for a while. No point in starting a chant off and finishing after one line. We seem to manage that without a drum.

mammooman

Give it a try by all means but you really need someone who can keep time to play it. Also, who can keep time for a while. No point in starting a chant off and finishing after one line. We seem to manage that without a drum.
I agree,

But adding to that I wouldn't mind hearing a drum if the person hitting the thing knows when to hit it and when not.
If a slow, atmosphere creating, gradually getting louder version of 'cider' starts up then it isn't a time to be hitting the drum over the top of the deep chanting....but if the crowd is quiet, needs a bit of kicking into gear, then go ahead. I want to be able to hear the chant not a drum.

The drummer has to be prepared to go to games like Wycombe, Crawley, Luton, Argyle etc where a drum is just not needed.