• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Do I need a visit from the music police?

Yeovilgrecian

Heard this on the radio the other day and thought it was a quality cover, then found out who it was and still thought is was quality! It's the first single off her new album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb3XAP0c8WU

Dark room looming............

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.

ralph

I find myself agreeing with the OP. And I love the Stones' version.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Listened to a few seconds and don't like it, but then I'm not won over by many female vocalists anyway (never been quite sure why though)

greenawayr

A sign of a true music fan, is being able to like a song based on the fact you enjoy listening to it, not who it is.

Something I'm afraid, I'm generally too snobby to do. Although there was a Will Young song i liked a few years back. Still find it difficult to admit that to friends though.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Heard this on the radio the other day and thought it was a quality cover, then found out who it was and still thought is was quality! It's the first single off her new album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb3XAP0c8WU

Dark room looming............
think you need to be locked up straight away with no chance of parole

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Beautiful. Reminds me of Kate Bush.

To listen to, obviously.

a visit from the police in full riot gear after that,jesus.!!

Phil Sayers

Excellent song - The versions by the Rolling Stones, Gram Parsons and The Sundays are great.

It pains me to say I don't dislike this one anywhere near as much as I feel I ought to!

arthur

It pains me to say I don't dislike this one anywhere near as much as I feel I ought to!
Then you need to try harder! The voice I can cope with - it is undeniably brilliant. But the grotesque over production, the swirling strings, the saccharining of this powerful song is all much too much.. Barb Junger sings Dylan anyone?