• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Disgusting Luke Mc Cormick chants.

uncle buck

I think it's important to distinguish between "industrial language" and "offensive chanting", though - I've been known to vent from time to time, and I don't apologise for use of sweary stuff on occasion, but there's a line I know not to cross.
I am pretty much of the same but at the same time these chants have and always will occur I remember watching a documentary on the Hillsborough disaster and Liverpool fans demanding urgent prosecution of the police then a few days later thousands of them at old Trafford took great joy in reminding everyone about the Munich air disaster it happens and probably always will

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
There was of course the silly chant aimed at Bradley Wright-Phillips, whose goalscoring record against us was coincidentally far better than his average. The reaction from some of our supporters when he turned the tables by daring to celebrate his goal against us for Charlton in front of the away fans was priceless. Classic case of "Can dish it out but not take it".

The original BWP chant was brilliant and was a reaction to the argyle fans singing 'he's better than shaun'. I also liked reminding him of it whenever we played against him since that argyle game. It's part of football banter.

However, I'm not a foam-mouthed responder when players give it back.

flakey pasty

I am pretty much of the same but at the same time these chants have and always will occur
That's a bit fatalistic isn't it? Crowds don't make homophobic chants any more. Neither do they make racist chants. Attitudes and behaviours can and do change. If lines are crossed by supporters, then people are well within their rights not only to object, but also to expect change.

tonykellowfan

uncle buck - unfortunately that is the attitude that I disagree with and why I am highly unlikely to take my sons. I don't see any reason why football fans should be exempted from normal behaviour rules and being on the terraces suddenly allows people to turn into animals.

uncle buck

uncle buck - unfortunately that is the attitude that I disagree with and why I am highly unlikely to take my sons. I don't see any reason why football fans should be exempted from normal behaviour rules and being on the terraces suddenly allows people to turn into animals.
And that was the point I was making you have a choice to take your sons which you decide not too,football fans are not exempt from normal behavior rules and I think your being pretty unfair on animals to be honest ,maybe when animals misbehave they think they are acting like humans

uncle buck

That's a bit fatalistic isn't it? Crowds don't make homophobic chants any more. Neither do they make racist chants. Attitudes and behaviours can and do change. If lines are crossed by supporters, then people are well within their rights not only to object, but also to expect change.
You weren't at Cardiff on Saturday then,because they still do happen

PeteUSA

I suspect McCormick's psychologist has worked with him to generate the abuse he's getting into positivity. He could probably handle the most vile abuse directed at him, which he could never have down without ongoing extensive therapy. A guilt complex is extremely difficult for anyone to deal with, let alone one which involves the loss of two young lives. In any event, I think the abuse has gone on long enough, since its obviously no longer affecting him.

Terryhall

You weren't at Cardiff on Saturday then,because they still do happen
The point surely being that we as match attending fans are in a unique position to alter that behaviour, rather than simply shrug our shoulders and say "it always happened, it probably always will".

There are ways and means of reporting this behaviour including anonymous smartphone apps if anyone feels uncomfortable about the confrontation in the heat of the moment.

Turning a blind eye to it and dismissing anyone who finds it distasteful as needing to toughen up a bit, is not going to solve anything.

uncle buck

The point surely being that we as match attending fans are in a unique position to alter that behaviour, rather than simply shrug our shoulders and say "it always happened, it probably always will".

There are ways and means of reporting this behaviour including anonymous smartphone apps if anyone feels uncomfortable about the confrontation in the heat of the moment.

Turning a blind eye to it and dismissing anyone who finds it distasteful as needing to toughen up a bit, is not going to solve anything.
So I take it you all used your smart app on Saturday then?

STURTZ

I think the most offensive chant I have heard in recent years was to lovely Jo Pavey, on her victory parade the big bank sang "Get your tits out for the lads". No way to treat a genuine local hero and about as sexist as you could get but I've never read any condemnation of it.

McCormick is just a dick.