• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

'Disgusted, disappointed, disturbed' - Herts.

I will be writing a strongly worded letter detailing my disgust at the events at Cuzton Ashton on this dark November eve. It will be sent 1st class post on Monday to the Express and Echo and sending a copy to the Daily Mail.

Despite not seeing the game or hearing any commentary I feel i must vent my second hand opinion. As a paying fan, I am deeply offended at the teams humiliation today, I had never heard of Curzon till the draw some weeks ago, and believed it previously to be Bristolian referring to his Aunts children.

Matt Gill has been treading a thin line for some time now, his act of child like petulance today which I did not see or of which I have heard no report , should be punished, he must be brought to justice. I suggest the Trust meet with the Exeter board to investigate the situation and before any results are published, may I call for Tisdales instant resigntaion and sacking of Matt Gill as a start.

Yours bitter and sexless from Hertforshire.

Dobley

I was just in the middle of the same. But as you've already done the job for me, can I just append my motion that the FA charge and fine Curzon on two counts of not having the decency to

a) move the game to surroundings more befiting a League Club - we left that twaddle behind us in May

and

b) recognise said League status and roll over for us.

Many thanks.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Dear Mr Tisdale

As a long standing supporter of Exeter City and having seen the team play three times in the past two years I am disgusted at today's scoreline.

Where was the team spirit I saw in the two games at Wembley and the pre-season friendly against Portsmouth? The latter game was so much better than my previous visit to SJP when we were relegated to the Conference (and even then we still beat Southend 1-0!!!)

After today's humiliation by non-league Curson Ashton, were I ever to stop going to the Chiefs on a Saturday then I can assure you that I will not be wasting my money by visiting St James Park!

Yours, in disgust,

A. Fairweather-Fanne

Last edited:

St Sid James

I am currently scrubbing my 'Geddon City' Tattoo off with a Wire Scrubber.
What an absolute disgrace that we are 4th in league 2 and we've lost by 1 goal to a gutsy non league team... I hate the non league and any team thats ever been there. GRRR the FA cup is so rubbish when little minnows do so well.

I for one have just ripped up my Aldershot ticket and have printed "GET TIS OUT" T-shirts for our next home game.

ps. I will not even read the sport pages in my beloved Daily Mail tomorrow.

journeyman

Before you do write, make sure you spell the team's name correctly...

;)

tisdale 1

Resigned
Is there no way we can write a letter to the FA telling them curson ashton had an ENLIGIBLE player? cheat are way though to the next round get the lawyers to check there paper work tisdale!

information_ministry

Well-known Exeweb poster
and they MUST have paid the referee.

i_m

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is there no way we can write a letter to the FA telling them curson ashton had an ENLIGIBLE player? cheat are way though to the next round get the lawyers to check there paper work tisdale!
Dunno about that - i'm not even sure your post isn't illegible ;)

Dobley

Yes, yes, thats the spirit.

I too found many of the players' names printed in their tin-pot non-league program illegible. It might have had something to do with me not going, but thats a mute point and should not stand in our way.

Clubs who cannot clearly publish a teamsheet should not be allowed to advance in the FA Cup in the face of an obviously grammatically superior opponent.

journeyman

Isn't that why we employed Dr Paul Tisdale, University Lecturer in the Field of Promotion?