• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Disgraceful Scenes at Home Park

londonboy80

I reckon the police deliberately let this get out of control, as a means of identifying trouble makers and being able to place banning orders on all of them, so as to flush out in foul swoop as many of them as possible. The way the police look at it, the trouble makers played right into their hands and if several arrests were made with banning orders following, the night would have been a huge success for D&C.. I've had a text this morning saying 20 arrests were made last night, not sure how true that is

As an Argyle fan, that post sent shivers down my spine, I find it an absolute disgrace how a large number or youth fans who rarely show their faces to support the club treated your fans today. Having been stood in the corner closest to your fans I thought the atmosphere was a really good taste of what a rivalry is but some things were taken way too far! It horrifies me to hear that the behaviour of our fans brought distraught to your wife and children, to hear that old men and children screaming is sickening, horrible thought and I can't stress enough how much a disgrace these "wanabee hooligans" acted tonight.
Please don't look at the Home Park faithful as a whole as a disgrace, a good 7,000 were there to watch the football and enjoy our first derby game in 8 years, it's just a shame that extra 500-1000 who don't come regularly had to spoil the evening.
As much as it pains to say, enjoy your victory and I look forward to December for the league game, would like to think things will be different for then but I can't see that happening. Good support and atmosphere you created, couldnt stand the sight of your fans cheering in that 92nd minute but things happen!

From down the road.

Really appreciate your message, A38 Green. What most of us didnt understand was that at one point in your home section near the pitch not far from the away support, a section of the home fans were fighting amongst themselves and then a flare was thrown shortly afterwards. The police sorely underestimated the importance of this match and I know local pride was at stake and tensions always run high in a derby match-but me and the missus left just before some of the home fans came out to confront the City fans at our end and it all erupted.

Not seen hostility like that for a long time in 20 years of watching football.

Cheers pal.

Jean Jeannie

Very sad OP. My Son and his friend narrowly escaped getting struck by a flying brick - it hit the coach. I hope the league game will be better policed - I am sure police intelligence will be onto that ^o)

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Usual scummers fighting as always. Usually I say let them get on with it but when it's innocent by passers that get involved then that's when something needs to be done.

On a different note, I would never take my child to a game like that. It's sad as you should have freedom to do whatever but there was always gonna be a whole host of trouble.

taunton pilgrim

Was in the Brittania pub before game and having a pint or two with both sets of fans, no hint of trouble at all, just good humoured banter. Ive been many derby games also, and ok theres generally a few idiots starting trouble, but last night it seems they crawled out of the woodwork for this game, doubt they will be back at next home game against Brentford. Hope that last night hasnt put you off for coming down again in december, most Argyle fans are ok.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Was in the Brittania pub before game and having a pint or two with both sets of fans, no hint of trouble at all, just good humoured banter. Ive been many derby games also, and ok theres generally a few idiots starting trouble, but last night it seems they crawled out of the woodwork for this game, doubt they will be back at next home game against Brentford. Hope that last night hasnt put you off for coming down again in december, most Argyle fans are ok.
sadly i wont be able to make it for the game in december. i would never let people like that stop me going though. sadly there are idiots amongst both sets of fans. i also know there are more decent ones as well

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Very sad to hear of this - and shocked also at the mentality of the powers that be. Normally I'm the first to defend Plod (who to be fair sounded like they were trying their best out there in the trenches), but the "intelligence" (I use the word guardedly) seemed to have been somewhat awry.

I remember in 1993 we were kept in the ground for an eternity afterwards while Plod cleared the area of baying GAWS, which seemed (on the face of it) to do the job. At no point afterwards did I feel threatened - in fact the first Plym**th fans I saw were when we stopped in Bodmin for me to get some cash, and I felt pretty secure enough to do some old fashioned gloating! After that match I remember the announcement on the Monday against Preston from D&C Plod praising our supporters for the way we behaved.

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
And thats it. The vast majority of fans are mature enough to have some friendly banter and a laugh without resorting to violence. And thats how it should be.

But the reports of the minority who cause trouble and were hell bent on hitting any City fans (regardless of age or gender)....well, words fail me. What big boys (and men) they are. NOT

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Very sad to hear of this - and shocked also at the mentality of the powers that be. Normally I'm the first to defend Plod (who to be fair sounded like they were trying their best out there in the trenches), but the "intelligence" (I use the word guardedly) seemed to have been somewhat awry.

I remember in 1993 we were kept in the ground for an eternity afterwards while Plod cleared the area of baying GAWS, which seemed (on the face of it) to do the job. At no point afterwards did I feel threatened - in fact the first Plym**th fans I saw were when we stopped in Bodmin for me to get some cash, and I felt pretty secure enough to do some old fashioned gloating! After that match I remember the announcement on the Monday against Preston from D&C Plod praising our supporters for the way we behaved.
only been to one game at home park previously and we were kept in as well. assumed it was going to happen this time. nowhere near enough police there

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I hadn't planned on going in December anyway (can't afford it, too much hassle in any case), but I agree totally with your sentiments.

On Sunday our London Exiles Bauys team played Plym**th. The game was naturally a fairly feisty encounter but played in the right spirit, but once the final whistle went all was well again and we recognised our oppo as human beings, albeit with that affliction for green stuff - we even had a joke afterwards about the rivalry as I went to my red car in the car park while two of the oppo had green cars...