• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Devon Derby predictions

muppetdodger

hopefully by Saturday Reid will have stopped chucking up, and doesn't give it to the rest of the squad! That being the case, 2-1 city, Wheeler to keep run going, Reid penalty after 65 minutes in front of the away fans!

Red faced

City to totally outplay Argyle but lose narrowly. We will then remain consistent and secure a play-off spot early, you cannot fluke the type of run that we have been on without being a bloody good side generally. Argyle will stutter and be caught ( possibly by City / Wycombe) fall out of the autos and their fans will point to the win against Exeter and say that their win against us did them more harm than good. Quite a few Argyle fans seem concerned that despite their points total , they have nicked too many wins and their form is not commanding enough to guarantee promotion. Hope Im wrong but I somehow think that Saturday will show a Gulf in current playing styles with no reward for us.

2-0 Argyle - early and very late goals...

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Most eagerly anticipated for me since the one I went to in Feb 1979 when both teams were flying high in Division 3 (L1)..(Both top 6 iirc)

The only thing I predict is it will be very noisy from the away section..

Grecian2K

Most eagerly anticipated for me since the one I went to in Feb 1979 when both teams were flying high in Division 3 (L1)..(Both top 6 iirc)..
Although this time with the scores reversed eh, Olds?? ;)

Exehausted

As always in big games the first 20 minutes will be vital, all about who settles first. In this I am quietly confident. A lot has been made during this fantastic run about our defence and attack and if JMT is fit we'll be fine at the back. Up front, even if Rueben and Ollie don't make it (but I'm sure they will) we should still have enough to cause problems and notch at least two. Why? Because the midfield pair of James and Taylor have turned into one of the most effective pairings I have seen in my 50 years watching City. They are now playing so well together, giving us a real platform to attack from. They win so many loose balls and, so far, have avoided too many yellows and just the one red between them. In the combative and vital centre midfield that's not easy. As long as neither become too excited by what will be an absolute cauldron of noise, I think they will lay the foundation for a narrow City win. I'm going for 2-1, with Ryan Taylor notching his first for them but Watkins and Wheeler for us.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sounds like JMT and Ruben will be fine, Watkins not so sure but don't think it will be long term even if he misses argyle. If Watkins isn't fit for next Saturday I would play Grant or McAlinden. Simpson played well yesterday and the best I've seen him play but I would still prefer one of the other 2.

Ashford Grecian

Our only setback in Feb before winning the remaining fixtures in the month, 1-2 loss...

contrabombarde

We will win...The confidence that we have now and the will to break our records is upmost in everyones mind. There is no team in this league to fear and hopefully with a fit squad this will be a day to remember. I just wish I could be there.

Grecian2K

It would appear that.....

This week they're off to sunny Spain
Oh **** off the Argyle
To **** Harry's millions down the drain
The Arg*le? Poor! Poor! Poor!

Ole!!! (or should that read Ollie??)

PS: wonder if they're flying from EXETER International Airport

PPS: If not, and they're going by road in the Black Nasty, hope they do a Bonnie Tyler and get lost in France.

Red Devon

It would appear that.....

This week they're off to sunny Spain
Oh **** off the Argyle
To **** Harry's millions down the drain
The Arg*le? Poor! Poor! Poor!

Ole!!! (or should that read Ollie??)

PS: wonder if they're flying from EXETER International Airport

PPS: If not, and they're going by road in the Black Nasty, hope they do a Bonnie Tyler and get lost in France.
May not be the smartest thing to do....there's very cold weather forecast for the end of the week so I don't think you could call it acclimatisation training.