• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Dermot Curtis R.I.P.

MikeB

I am sad to say that former City player, Dermot Curtis, a member of the 1964 promotion winning team, passed away yesterday after a long illness.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Very sad to hear. City's only international and, I would guess without asking him, probably one of my Dads first City heroes. Thoughts to all those close to him. R.I.P.

EXMADCITY

I knew Dermot . What a great man , and so i was told by my father a great player ..Thoughts and prayers go to his freinds and family ..

Jim Shepherd

Very sad news.

Was reading the article in the Anthology a couple of days back.
Thoughts to all his friends and family.

Last edited:

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
R.I.P. my fellow Irishman. Meet him exactly this week ten years ago on my first visit and had plenty of time to chat.
Thoughts are with his family.

Last edited:

Midland Red

City's only international and, I would guess without asking him, probably one of my Dads first City heroes.
He was certainly one of mine. Very sad news.

southamptongrecian

Throughts and prayers to all his family.

A great player to watch, R.I.P. Dermot.

geoffwp

This is indeed sad news to wake up to, making an already grey and depressive day even greyer. I remember Dermot from my early days up the park as a youngster. A fine player in a fine team who added so much to the side. I wonder if there is anyone out there who can tell us a bit about where Dermot has been since those long gone days?

MikeB

Dermot played for Bideford and then became player-manager of Elmore FC after he left City. He had continued to live in Exeter ever since.

geoffwp

Thanks for that Mike. I had not realised that Dermot had continued to live in the area after leaving city, yet alone keeping such a close and active participation in the game at local level. I wonder how many of that promotion winning team are still living in the area?