• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Decision Day?

jm90

I have a horrible sneaking suspicion that we're not going to be able to keep Jimmy next season because of the budget restrictions.
I think Jimmy has a contract for next year already

David Treharne

I think Jimmy has a contract for next year already
I'm led to believe that the issue is not contract, but wages. See also Alan Gow.

johno

Only new to this, never aware Exeter had a forum, as far as i know Jimmy just needs to sign the contract well so a friend back in his home place told me

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
I hope Jimmy signs then, but as DT says wages might be the hold back. I would think there are a lot of VERY difficult decisions being made, along with the more obvious and easy ones. Budget restraints, along with players believing ( possibly rightly in some cases) they are worth more, is going to lead to hard choices. I don't think it is ever a case that a player who is released is necessarily a failure. Strong competition in areas and finances take a toll. I like the way the club work on this. They put the players and their families first which is only right given that we are talking about people's careers and livelihoods.

Last edited:

Strongbow

Well-known Exeweb poster
For once I don't think there is a single player that I would be annoyed at being released. There are some promising youngsters that I would like to see kept, but I wouldn't feel that bothered if any of them did move on. In fact the only player that has played for us this season that I would have been disappointed at losing was Gow, and that has already happened. Have always liked O'Flynn as well, but he would be better off under a different manager.

crocks

From todays E&E. Decision day is tomorrow.

We would like to have finished higher, but, in order for our finances to work and build and for us to start moving forward, we have to create a team of good value with home-grown players as an asset that at some point we can sell,” Tisdale said. “You don’t do that by just chucking them in, like I did at Chesterfield last year. You do it by bringing them through.”

The Grecians’ boss continued: “I’d like to think we have learnt a lot this year and we have made one or two decisions as players, as management and coaching staff, that I would change, if I could go back.

“We have been very good box-to-box, but we have not been good enough in both boxes and I think we have a better idea of what we need going forward.

“There has been a lot of learning and it has been a very, very useful season. Albeit stressful.”

Tisdale’s plans for next season got under way yesterday. He will now spend today and tomorrow meeting with his players before announcing who he has retained and who has been released tomorrow afternoon.

Read more: http://www.exeterexpressandecho.co.uk/Exeter-manger-Tisdale-says-Bristol-Rovers/story-21064119-detail/story.html#ixzz311qOZ8G0

Grecian_Jay

From todays E&E. Decision day is tomorrow.

We would like to have finished higher, but, in order for our finances to work and build and for us to start moving forward, we have to create a team of good value with home-grown players as an asset that at some point we can sell,” Tisdale said. “You don’t do that by just chucking them in, like I did at Chesterfield last year. You do it by bringing them through.”

The Grecians’ boss continued: “I’d like to think we have learnt a lot this year and we have made one or two decisions as players, as management and coaching staff, that I would change, if I could go back.

We have been very good box-to-box, but we have not been good enough in both boxes and I think we have a better idea of what we need going forward.“There has been a lot of learning and it has been a very, very useful season. Albeit stressful.”

Tisdale’s plans for next season got under way yesterday. He will now spend today and tomorrow meeting with his players before announcing who he has retained and who has been released tomorrow afternoon.

Read more: http://www.exeterexpressandecho.co.uk/Exeter-manger-Tisdale-says-Bristol-Rovers/story-21064119-detail/story.html#ixzz311qOZ8G0
How long does he need to work on this? He's been saying the same crap for the last couple of years.

godisagrecian

John O'Flynn is doing a Q&A in the Cork City programme this week so I guess he's agreed to go there already.

crocks

John O'Flynn is doing a Q&A in the Cork City programme this week so I guess he's agreed to go there already.
I thinnk that that move has been on the cards for a long time.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thinnk that that move has been on the cards for a long time.
Mmm. I remember hearing something about it a while back.