• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Decision Day?

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Doesnt Gosling not live with them also?
Woops was meant to put Gosling as well..

jm90

Hate the waiting to see who has been retained, hopefully news will be released soon

Taz

Must admit Luke Young from Argyle would be a bit of a coup I think; if Oakley retires he would be a fair replacement... As for our released list: hope we keep most of the youngsters and send the OAP's packing (alas most of them contracted for another year).

Grecian_Harry

Nothing from us so far, Torquay and Plymouth have been no nonsense, nothing from Torquay worth a look, and if you've been following pasoti, it may be very silly to punt on one of those players that have been released !!

rp42

Who does Tom Nichols live with? He's just tweeted saying "Everyone's moving out ��"
Moving to Rio,gotta a taste for it after the ball.

Saint James

Must admit Luke Young from Argyle would be a bit of a coup I think; if Oakley retires he would be a fair replacement... As for our released list: hope we keep most of the youngsters and send the OAP's packing (alas most of them contracted for another year).
Not really sure anyone would put Oakley and Young in the same type of player bracket would they?

Taz

Matt likes to stay central distributing outwards; similar to Luke Young. Both are good with the ball at their feet. Both try to keep looking for the best pass and if none exists taking a fair shot. Both have a very good direct free kick especially from the left... So no Saint James... not the same type of player really.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why haven't we been told anything ffs?

Saint James

Matt likes to stay central distributing outwards; similar to Luke Young. Both are good with the ball at their feet. Both try to keep looking for the best pass and if none exists taking a fair shot. Both have a very good direct free kick especially from the left... So no Saint James... not the same type of player really.
One has played less than 40 games and been released by a distinctly average League two team and the other has played in the Premier league and amassed over 400 appearances - I'm still struggling to see where the comparison is? If Young was really any good surely Argyle would be offering him a new deal

Last edited:

Nigel E

Why haven't we been told anything ffs?
I suppose there's just a chance that we have the decency as a club to give players with no contract the time to tell their nearest and dearest personally, rather than allow them to find out through the twitter-sphere, or internet message boards. Call me old-fashioned but I think that's a good thing.