• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Deano............

greenawayr

Re: Latest Dean Moxey News

played LM for us most of the time but can play anywhere along the left side very effectively.

Considering we sold George Friend for 350k we'd be most unlikely to let Deano go for anything less than 400k and a few perks thrown in.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster

Touchy.

It would appear that the majority of people on here think Moxey is capable, in time, of making the step up in class.

I think Mackie is a prime example of what can be done when you really work hard and work smart, on your game. He was particularly average when he arrived, but was reported to be one of the hardest working players in the team on the training pitch and really focussed on strengthening the important areas of his game.

I have no doubt that Deano can do the same, he must currently do that as he has certainly been much improved this season.
Not touchy, tongue in cheek :D I know that there are a lot of people on here who really rate Moxey, but then there are a lot of people on here who didn't rate Tis or thought that Elam was a good buy.

If you read back through the thread then you will see that I too think he can make the move up in time, perhaps 2 years or so, it's just that he isn't so much of a youth player anymore and there are a number of problems in his game to be sorted first.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster

played LM for us most of the time but can play anywhere along the left side very effectively.

Considering we sold George Friend for 350k we'd be most unlikely to let Deano go for anything less than 400k and a few perks thrown in.
Moxey is a better player than George was but also quite a bit older so I doubt we will get that much more :)

Derby

Dont forget we are giving you a lucrative,glamour tie of a friendly!

ECFC '72

Laughing at the people showing their true colours

Steve Perryman and Taggy will get the best deal for City, so I'm not too worried what DCFC think, or how they behave. Perryman is not exactly wet behind the ears when dealing with these matters. He's pulled off some amazing deals in the past, and I have every faith he and Taggy will get what is best for City this time around too.

It'll be interesting, that's for sure.

It'll also be very sad to a City side without Deano in it. He bleeds Red and White, so it'll be just as tough for him I imagine, though I guess the massive increase in wages will soften the blow somewhat ! :D

Last edited:

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster

No! Spurs are doing that!! ;)

WeAreDerby

Steve Perryman and Taggy will get the best deal for City, so I'm not too worried what DCFC think, or how they behave. Perryman is not exactly wet behind the ears when dealing with these matters. He's pulled off some amazing deals in the past, and I have every faith he and Taggy will get what is best for City this time around too.

It'll be interesting, that's for sure.

It'll also be very sad to a City side without Deano in it. He bleeds Red and White, so it'll be just as tough for him I imagine, though I guess the massive increase in wages will soften the blow somewhat ! :D
Any idea on how much he's currently on?

greenawayr

Ahem, at more than one point last season, I was discussing the prospect of 2 league matches against the Rams with my Derby County supporting Brother-in-law.

Still will be nice to play against a team with a manager as high profile as Nigel Clough, oh wait, hang on, done that!

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...

Any idea on how much he's currently on?
I saw £800pw chucked out in a different thread.

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster

As fans, we can email our Director of Football (Adam Pearson) and ask who we're after, who we have put bids in for etc. I knew we had bidded for Moxey well before it was released to the press. He has also told me that Nigel Clough is interested in Danny Welbeck (Manchester United). No idea why he tells us these things!
As fans that own our club, we can email the club too. Except we never get a reply.

ECFC Read this and learn from it.