• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Deano............

greenawayr

Re: Latest Dean Moxey News

I didn't ask you :p And even if I had you'd be wrong, haven't played it since it was Champ Man 2 and even then I was rubbish :D

If anyone here thinks that Moxey is ready to step straight into a CCC side and perform then they have been playing a bit too much with drugs IMO :p :D
Touchy.

It would appear that the majority of people on here think Moxey is capable, in time, of making the step up in class.

I think Mackie is a prime example of what can be done when you really work hard and work smart, on your game. He was particularly average when he arrived, but was reported to be one of the hardest working players in the team on the training pitch and really focussed on strengthening the important areas of his game.

I have no doubt that Deano can do the same, he must currently do that as he has certainly been much improved this season.

greenawayr

http://www.kellowsbootlaces.co.uk/

Whether we're just "playing the game" or not I'm not sure, but it's not surprising to hear Taggy saying there are other teams interested.

WeAreDerby

Good morning all. Just wanted to give you a bit of information for some in return.

Has our bid actually been rejected?
Was the value of the bid £200,000?

I've read through this thread and the majority of you are wanting around £500,000 for the lad. I'm not sure we'd pay that, we're in no financial trouble at the minute, well we have a £23,000,000 debt that will be down to £15,000,000 in the summer. But that's only the mortgage on Pride Park so there's hardly any worry.

We've just bid for Blackpool centre back Shaun Barker, that has been rejected but we're not going back for him until that joke of a club get a new manager. We also have bids in for John Brayford (Crewe) and Dean Moxey (Exeter).

Anyhow we have £2,000,000 to spend on players this summer, and no disprespect made but I don't think our Nige' will spend £500,000 on Moxey. We're known for being bastards in the transfer window, we always do business in the publiuc, our fans will always mock the oppsong team, we always bring big club - little club into things, take the Ferrie Bodde (Swansea City) saga for example!

As fans, we can email our Director of Football (Adam Pearson) and ask who we're after, who we have put bids in for etc. I knew we had bidded for Moxey well before it was released to the press. He has also told me that Nigel Clough is interested in Danny Welbeck (Manchester United). No idea why he tells us these things!

Moxey is a left sided player, I reckon Clough will be looking at playing him at left back. We currently have Teale and Commons that can play left midfield and I can't see Moxey getting ahead of them. However at left back we have the totally inept Jordan 'I care about living in America more than I do for playing football' Stewart who is more than likely going to be axed and Jay McEveley who is steadily improving.

Is Moxey a decent left back? Because we haven't had a decent, consistant left back for a good few years!

Like I say I don't think we'll push is to £500,000, I reckon we may go to £400,000 as our Nige and Pearson likes that number.

Ta.

Last edited:

greenawayr

Commons has been linked this morning with Premier League clubs, so you may have a) a gap to fill on the left and b) a bit more money to spend.

You also have a ridiculously big squad which I'm sure Cloughie will be looking to off load a few from, so I suspect the 2m budget will grow as you look to replace quantity with quality.

WeAreDerby

Commons has been linked this morning with Premier League clubs, so you may have a) a gap to fill on the left and b) a bit more money to spend.

You also have a ridiculously big squad which I'm sure Cloughie will be looking to off load a few from, so I suspect the 2m budget will grow as you look to replace quantity with quality.
Yeah, the Director of Football has been quoted as saying 'we have £2,000,000 to spend which will hopefully be recouped through sales'.

Commons has been in the press since he scored the goal against Manchester United, £4,000,000-£5,000,000 to Wigan and Newcastle.

We also have the highly rated Giles Barnes to be shipped off and the mardy but very good Tyrone Mears, the player who fled to play for Marseille on loan.

Can't see us spending more than £2,000,000 to be honest with you, even if Kris Commons, Giles Barnes and Tyrone Mears all go! Which wold give us around £10,000,000!!

Derby

i was told we had bid £400k

WeAreDerby

i was told we had bid £400k
So was I, but looking on here they're saying half that.

ECFC '72

Laughing at the people showing their true colours

I think for 400k I'd snap your hand off. Moxey is a great left sided player mind, so you'd not be ending up with the sh*tty end of the stick by any means. But for me, 400k added in to Tisdales plans, would be hard to refuse.

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster

I would have thought £400K would be about the right figure.

Even so, Derby will be getting one superb player for a relatively small fee.

WeAreDerby

Just realised, Kris Commons doesn't play left mid any more. He's picked up the 'Gerrard role' and has been playing fantastically. So Moxey could well play left mid, that's if we're not stingey and give you the £'s what he's worth!

Where is he best suited LM or LB?

Last edited: