• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Dean Moxey

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's 1-1 currently (Ribs to Oxford, Hoskins to us).
Actually I’d say we owe them as we also got Steve Basham who was fragile too.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Deano was never going to be the player who left us - on the whole has done a good job and has been Mr Versatile filling various positions . brings us the experience of having played at the higher level and reads the game well.
Thought yesterday was one of his better games since his return.

dontpassback

Deano was never going to be the player who left us - on the whole has done a good job and has been Mr Versatile filling various positions . brings us the experience of having played at the higher level and reads the game well.
Thought yesterday was one of his better games since his return.
Is he fully recovered from any injuries he had earlier in the season ?

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is he fully recovered from any injuries he had earlier in the season ?
Good point probably not such a quick healer these days so still might not be 100%

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
He was never a world beater in his first spell IMO when you compare him to Watkins, Grimes or Ampadu for example but he's a solid reliable player within the squad & has lots of good experience

Terryhall

Digging up an old thread to ask what is going on with Deano this season? It feels like he is making lots more simple errors in games, and I feel like he regularly presents at least one chance to the opposition whenever he plays. Everyone makes mistakes but for a player of his experience and who has played to the level he has, I would have hoped that he'd be able to cut out the simple mistakes. Not sure if I'm just seeing these more because I've noticed a few mistakes and have started to subconsciously look out for them, or if there is something in this, but he seems to be short of confidence or concentration or both, and way short of the level he was playing at even for us last season.

No doubt he's got the quality to perform but for whatever reason he doesn't seem to be showing it just now.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was thinking along the same lines, as his errors have led to three goals (Newport Mansfield and Cheltenham, fortunately only two points dropped) and a sending off which led to a penalty which Christy saved but then put the team under pressure defensively so could have also cost us the points against MK. Four matches out of nine not too promising for one of your experienced pros.

On the positve he has scored and does put in a nice cross for the strikers to attack when overlapping down the wing so this side of his game has stepped up. Could it be in line with MT's more attacking viewpoint

Last edited:

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I actually think Deano is a better player during this spell with us than the first time around. His experience shows in most games he's played in. He's always involved, never goes missing.

Yes, he's made a few mistakes, but he's also done some brilliant things including perfectly timed interceptions and tackles that he may have been no where near during his first spell. He also knows when its the right time to clear his lines and hoof it.

He's also slotted excellently in to the centre back position when required as well, something I very much doubt he would have previously been able to do. A great player, not sure why its even being questioned.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've not been to a lot of games, but when I've been I can't say that I've been impressed. I realised that one of the main things that made Moxey a good player was his pace up and down the wing (including getting back for last ditch tackles), other than that he had a decent cross but otherwise I'd say the rest of his game was unremarkable. Now he's a little bit older some of that pace has gone and the result is pretty average. Given that the bloke on the other side of the pitch is playing so well, it really makes Deano look a bit poor by comparison...especially as Woodman was playing so well previously in the same role.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
As our senior pro and a city boy through and through maybe just maybe he was affected by the events at the end of last season :S - Wembley et al