• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Deadline day predictions

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
I agree too, he's one of those players that works in a club and a system for him. I think in a lot of places he'd end up being bypassed a lot during the game.
Yep. There are many lower league strikers that have never made it beyond League One. Some of them quite prolific. Kevin Ellison is one, despite one appearance for Leicester and a longer spell with Hull City, where he struggled to score goals.

Maybe MJ is one such player? The longer he stays with us the happier I will be and I hope he helps to take us to L1.

Corey

I'm just throwing this one out there, keep your eye on Scott Kashkett. He has been released by Wycombe so that he can join a new club.
Surely will go somewhere higher up than ourselves?!

grecIAN Harris

Surely will go somewhere higher up than ourselves?!
I don't know. He's been released by a League 1 club having played in The Championship last season. He appears to have fallen out of favour at Wycombe and has only been on the bench as an unused sub against Satanage in the Paintpot.

Corey

I don't know. He's been released by a League 1 club having played in The Championship last season. He appears to have fallen out of favour at Wycombe and has only been on the bench as an unused sub against Satanage in the Paintpot.
Would’ve been good but its just been announced he’s signed for Crewe

denzel

I take it that today is a day off from signing players?
Not for Port Vale and Salford it wasn't

StudentGrecian

Have a bad feeling we won't see anyone through the door today. We've shown that we have a strong core, but a couple quality additions could really put us in the mix.
Here's hoping we can pull it off, but MT likes to get his business done early and if the targets he's identified go elsewhere tomorrow, then I can't see us wheeling and dealing with players who become available late on.

Banksy

Once again it feels like we’re finely balanced between challengers and also rans this season , a bit like we were last January when you just felt one or two quality signings would have tipped the balance in our favour.
Right now we’re promising again but still need those additions , almost the difference between a top seven or mid table finish.For want of a nail and all that.
Just hope we at least keep Key if nobody signs for us.Think it’s getting a bit late for someone to come poaching for him now.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I reckon two in (one permanent, one loan) and one out.

No movement out, and hopefully another central midfielder in

Bootroom

I am expecting another quiet day, I believe our window has been very poor and don’t see anything changing with that today…. I really do hope Matt proves us wrong and gets some of these different maker type players in….

But as a betting man (not a very good one) I think it will be a day of disappointment