• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

David Wheeler

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Great stuff , glad he'll be with us.(y)

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I believe David Wheeler signed a new 2 year contract last season, meaning he is signed on for next season. Hopefully that is correct!!!
I've heard he's definitely contracted for next season and so is Reuben Reid...

Red Bill

Sadly I've heard Reuben is off, which was a surprise after seeing him on the "We're signed up for next season" season ticket promotion. Bit of a publicity own goal if what I heard was right!

IndoMike

I heard that nobody has a clue if he's staying or going. (But my guess is he'll stay).

Banksy

Even better!(y)(y)

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sadly I've heard Reuben is off, which was a surprise after seeing him on the "We're signed up for next season" season ticket promotion. Bit of a publicity own goal if what I heard was right!
Hmmm, well the person that I heard it from is very closely connected within the club so I'd hope they're genuine. Time will tell I guess but I get the feeling Reid is really happy being at a local club to his home.

Of course, money talks and if he's offered bigger money elsewhere he'd most likely leave.

Terryhall

Not to be the doom-and-gloom merchant, but it might depend whether next seasons budget is a league one budget or a league two budget...

... hopefully it will be league one... and hopefully whichever it is, Reid is still with us next season - just floating a possibility.

Bittners a Legend

Not to be the doom-and-gloom merchant, but it might depend whether next seasons budget is a league one budget or a league two budget...

... hopefully it will be league one... and hopefully whichever it is, Reid is still with us next season - just floating a possibility.
I don't claim to have any knowledge but is which league we are in really likely to make much difference given that half the stadium will be closed regardless of whether we achieve promotion? Imagine capacity is going to be capped at something like 5,800? Perhaps prize money will make a difference but I always thought it was fairly negligible between L1 and L2. Would have thought the most significant thing to affect our budget will be if, and how much, we sell Ollie Watkins for.

Red Bill

Hmmm, well the person that I heard it from is very closely connected within the club so I'd hope they're genuine. Time will tell I guess but I get the feeling Reid is really happy being at a local club to his home.

Of course, money talks and if he's offered bigger money elsewhere he'd most likely leave.
Person I heard it from is someone who's been working at the club and as I said before (not sure if on this thread) I believe he believes its true and he isn't someone I think would gratuitously inflate a slim rumour, but obviously I can't be any more certain than going on what he said being accurate. I hope its not as Reuben"s honest winning mentality is badly needed in the side.

Red Bill

I don't claim to have any knowledge but is which league we are in really likely to make much difference given that half the stadium will be closed regardless of whether we achieve promotion? Imagine capacity is going to be capped at something like 5,800? Perhaps prize money will make a difference but I always thought it was fairly negligible between L1 and L2. Would have thought the most significant thing to affect our budget will be if, and how much, we sell Ollie Watkins for.

I went to an extremely pointless EFL fans forum at Ashton Gate on Monday and a chap from the EFL explained the share of the Sky money that each league gets. Even though unsurprisingly L1 and L2 get a very small percentage the amounts he quoted would still make a significant difference to a clubs ability to pay higher wages if they're promoted to L1. Although that should come with the caveat that the figures he quoted clearly didn't add up given he said that each club in the championship's share of the 30%(?) of the £90M that sky pay was over £6M!(drunk)