• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

David Noble or James Dunne.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Noble IMO doesnt provide enough , He isnt a play maker , yeah nobody can question he keeps the ball well , but at the moment City need more graft than flair in the central area's and for me he would make way.

grecianred

i'll probs get shot down in flames for this... i remarked last night to my mates, it looked to me as if noble would've seamlessly slotted into that liverpool midfield. despite some hospital passes to him particularly from duffy and jones he put in a decent all-round performance. dunne is wasted on the right but perversely still looked a threat to me.

on an un-related matter, can't help but feel mcnish should be getting in infront of shepherd. looked v promising.

Liquid Apples

table 37 , The Sawyers Arms , next to Paintbrush ,
Noble proved tonight that he is our best player by an absolute mile, I dont see the point of choosing between Noble or Dunne when you look at our squad both are class, and we need both
Completely agree with this

Mackster

Noble IMO doesnt provide enough , He isnt a play maker , yeah nobody can question he keeps the ball well , but at the moment City need more graft than flair in the central area's and for me he would make way.
I agree Credy, Noble holds the ball well but doesn't create anything, every ball is sideways or backwards. Some people call it class, but to me he just seems to play in his comfort zone. Do we need this type of player in many of the games in League 1 or do we want someone who can create the unexpected?

UTC Big Bank

First of all can I say that althought I don't think Noble is a poor play I think he lacks the attacking ability that Tisdale is under the impression he has! Noble has been allowed to thrust further forward but is far too slow and negative with the ball in the final 3rd, from further back the pitch we see his real class but where he tackles and retains the ball well, BUT he lacks the spark we need going forward. And throwing Dunne on the right and (on most occasions this season) Sercombe out towards the left, we are losing two of our best attack driving players! I totally disagree when some of you say it isn't between Dunne and Noble, at the moment it is because Dunne is being played wide right due to Noble being in the centre!! The only way the 3 players can work together is if we revert back to last seasons best combo of 5-3-2 where noble sits back and lets sercombe and Dunne push from the middle! However I think we will all remember that didn't really work well last season because the 3 of them didn't combine well in the middle! I think Noble should only be played in specific games (never going to happen as he is club captain!) for me, despite the fact I'm sure many would disagree.. On saturday in my opinion I would line up (this is based on the fact I'm not sure how long Tully's suspension is, and if injuries are overcome):
Krysiak
Tully (if availible) coles duffy troy golbourne
dunne keohane sercombe
Bauza (if fit) Nardiello

Keohane impressed me last night and seem to like well with players and reminded me of Jon Challinor with his attacking/passing style, I would like to give him a try, Plus wing backs worked very well for us last season! Dunne and Sercombe would not only be back in the middle and able to go forward but also have 2 of the best engines in our side, and therefore can cover as well and love a tackle! Bauza and Nardiello for me are no brainers up front as they both posses good skill and goal scoring ability! If Bauza can't play sunday, then Logan and use the wing backs to knock a few balls in the box as well! I would try this and see how it went, we need 3 points saturday and we MUST attack

UTC Big Bank

First of all can I say that althought I don't think Noble is a poor play I think he lacks the attacking ability that Tisdale is under the impression he has! Noble has been allowed to thrust further forward but is far too slow and negative with the ball in the final 3rd, from further back the pitch we see his real class but where he tackles and retains the ball well, BUT he lacks the spark we need going forward. And throwing Dunne on the right and (on most occasions this season) Sercombe out towards the left, we are losing two of our best attack driving players! I totally disagree when some of you say it isn't between Dunne and Noble, at the moment it is because Dunne is being played wide right due to Noble being in the centre!! The only way the 3 players can work together is if we revert back to last seasons best combo of 5-3-2 where noble sits back and lets sercombe and Dunne push from the middle! However I think we will all remember that didn't really work well last season because the 3 of them didn't combine well in the middle! I think Noble should only be played in specific games (never going to happen as he is club captain!) for me, despite the fact I'm sure many would disagree.. On saturday in my opinion I would line up (this is based on the fact I'm not sure how long Tully's suspension is, and if injuries are overcome):
Krysiak
Tully (if availible) coles duffy troy golbourne
dunne keohane sercombe
Bauza (if fit) Nardiello

Keohane impressed me last night and seem to like well with players and reminded me of Jon Challinor with his attacking/passing style, I would like to give him a try, Plus wing backs worked very well for us last season! Dunne and Sercombe would not only be back in the middle and able to go forward but also have 2 of the best engines in our side, and therefore can cover as well and love a tackle! Bauza and Nardiello for me are no brainers up front as they both posses good skill and goal scoring ability! If Bauza can't play sunday, then Logan and use the wing backs to knock a few balls in the box as well! I would try this and see how it went, we need 3 points saturday and we MUST attack
before anyone says i meant *saturday

lukewhitrow

Dunne played well, and is a workhorse, I prefer him as a player over noble and ill think he still has room to improve. Although im not slating Noble at all as he is still a decent player.

Grecian_Jay

i'll probs get shot down in flames for this... i remarked last night to my mates, it looked to me as if noble would've seamlessly slotted into that liverpool midfield. despite some hospital passes to him particularly from duffy and jones he put in a decent all-round performance. dunne is wasted on the right but perversely still looked a threat to me.

on an un-related matter, can't help but feel mcnish should be getting in infront of shepherd. looked v promising.
Haha that did make me chuckle. Gotta try harder than that to get a bite though.

Ashford Grecian

Ideally both, but seriously I have read so many posts slating Noble last night he was our best player by a country mile:-O

elginCity

Noble frustrates me in the same way old Squareball Wilkins used to for England, always safety-first football.

I can see the value in a good link man, but just occasionally it would be good if the Nobbler gambled and chanced his arm by attempting an incisive through ball or two. Maybe he just doesn't have the vision.

Dunney is a spoiler and should be in the middle of the park disrupting the oppo, wasted out wide.