• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Darren Bent

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Villa rumoured to be paying £24 million.

The stark staring bonkers world of "football finance" :cool:

wemissmoxey

Villa rumoured to be paying £24 million.

The stark staring bonkers world of "football finance" :cool:
Why did Martin O'Neill leave again *-)

I like Darren Bent however that is very inflated in the current climate.

Last edited:

ecfc01

Why did Martin O'Neill leave again *-)

I like Darren Bent however that is very inflated in the current climate.
he is leaving for 18 mill but why when Sunderland are the better team?

wmm drogba and rooney are the only two strikers with a higher goal rate over the last 5 years and he has set up more goals this season then last already.

So i disagree I think he is worth the money

Last edited:

Grecian_Jay

Depends how you look at it. £24m is far too much, however compare that to Roque, Adebayor etc then at least you are getting a striker who is still only 26 and reguarly scores 15-20 goals every season.

The bonkers thing is why he would want to move to Villa.

wemissmoxey

Like I said I like Bent, I always thought the likes of Arsenal or Liverpool should have gone after him, for whatever reason he does not seem fashionable enough for the top clubs, strange when he has scored goals pretty much everywhere he has been, even when he was at Spurs and seemed to be struggling he still found the net.

Last edited:

Grecian_Jay

Like I said I like Bent, I always thought the likes of Arsenal or Liverpool should have gone after him, for whatever reason he does not seem fashionable enough for the top clubs, strange when he has scored goals pretty much everywhere he has been, even when he was at Spurs and seemed to be struggling he still found the net.
Maybe they think he doesn't do enough outside the box and is lazy. To me that is the sign of a good striker but big clubs want more from their strikers.

Darren Bents got a good scoring record but 20 % of his goals have come from the penalty spot,and has missed 10 others and according to opta stats his has only 1 assit this season,seams a lot of dosh to pay.But if Villa stay up because of him he would be worth it.

Grecian_Jay

This is the same manager who spent over £10m each on Diouf and Cisse (although I liked Cisse to be fair he didn't set the world alight).

This is the same manager who spent over £10m each on Diouf and Cisse (although I liked Cisse to be fair he didn't set the world alight).
Diouf was a nightmare but to be fair to hoolier,Diouf was wanted by most clubs after his 2 good world cup games ! I liked Cise but he never hit it off but still managed to pick a champions league and fa cup winners medal up.Where is he now ?

Grecian_Jay

Diouf was a nightmare but to be fair to hoolier,Diouf was wanted by most clubs after his 2 good world cup games ! I liked Cise but he never hit it off but still managed to pick a champions league and fa cup winners medal up.Where is he now ?
Panathanikos last time I saw.