• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Danny Coles

FAN-TATIC

Why is Stale trying to blame the cost on the name change the reason that Donkey is on the trip to Brazil and it costs too much to change it..Are we all forgetting something here?? I thought the trip was costing the club nothing and it was all being paid for,how thick does he think us fans really are.(facepalm)
So, the cost of the trip is we are told paid for by sponsors at no cost to the Club. I am not sure what the cost of changing the name on Coles ticket would be. However, it is possible that the sponsors have refused to meet that cost for whatever reason and the Club are left with the tab.

I think it is far more likely that the Club view the position that Coles has been fined, had the captaincy removed from him and placed on the transfer list as the "end of the matter'. Supporters baying for their 'pound of flesh' in demanding that Coles, in addition to his disciplinary punishments should now also have his trip to Brazil cancelled is a step too far.

I find it very difficult to argue against that point. The disciplinary action has been completed and the punishment allotted. I see no reason to keep looking for 'add ons'. Time to move on.

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
They could have used the his 2 week wages to cover the cost of a name change

FAN-TATIC

They could have used the his 2 week wages to cover the cost of a name change
Really? I thought we owed the PFA £100k.

I reiterate his disciplinary punishment consisted of 2 weeks loss of wages, loss of the captaincy, and placed on the transfer list. I don't recall withdrawal from the Brazil trip being any part of that disciplinary action. Had they done so Coles would have had a strong case against City of behaving in a vindictive manner.

He has been alotted his punishment, I am sure that he has accepted that punishment. Any further action is in my opinion grossly unfair.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
What a ridiculous amount of hysterics over a bloody plane ticket. As it stands, regrettably, Coles is part of our squad for next season, so of course he should be involved in preseason preparations. To not take him to Brazil is as petty as it is pathetic and simply cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Of course it would be better all round were Coles now playing elsewhere, but he isn't, he's still here and he's still part of the squad and should, by the club at least, still be treated as such.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
What makes me laugh quite hard is how someone like Coles can criticise a fellow professional and central defender who plays for England!
This could be his Brazilian chance to show Jagielka how it should be done (facepalm)

malcolms

What a ridiculous amount of hysterics over a bloody plane ticket. As it stands, regrettably, Coles is part of our squad for next season, so of course he should be involved in preseason preparations. To not take him to Brazil is as petty as it is pathetic and simply cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Of course it would be better all round were Coles now playing elsewhere, but he isn't, he's still here and he's still part of the squad and should, by the club at least, still be treated as such.
Thank **** for that, the law according to Moxey has been handed down and we can all be grateful that he has shown us the way.... :)

Strongbow

Well-known Exeweb poster
Surely the point here is that if Coles is on the transfer list because the club/Tis have decided that they want him to move on, then what is the point in him playing in pre-season games? If he plays in pre-season games (in Brazil or otherwise) it shows the "transfer listing" for the hollow gesture it will inevitably be.

Antony Moxey

Thank **** for that, the law according to Moxey has been handed down and we can all be grateful that he has shown us the way.... :)
Beats your petty whining on this thread and throughout the various Brazil ones.

Antony Moxey

Surely the point here is that if Coles is on the transfer list because the club/Tis have decided that they want him to move on, then what is the point in him playing in pre-season games? If he plays in pre-season games (in Brazil or otherwise) it shows the "transfer listing" for the hollow gesture it will inevitably be.
Because until someone comes in for him he's still part of the squad and still available for selection if the manager feels the need to use him. 'Transfer listed' doesn't mean 'banned from all club activities and unavailable for selection'.

manc grecian

Put him in the shop window?