• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Danny Coles

Indeed, and Notts County fans couldn't wait to tell us how good Matt Gill was.
And Richard Duffy had seemingly no fans at all at Millwall..they were delighted to see the back of him, I recall.....

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Welcome Danny Coles and good luck!

GasheadWes

A glowing endorsement from a Gashead on the This Is Exeter website...
I'll tell you what...that person is talking utter sh*te. Plain and simple.

They've obviously forgotten Mark Foran.

Coles will do ok for you, not outstanding, but i'm sure he will prove a decent enough signing, and you'll just have to trust Tis to get the best out of him. With Colesy it is more about fitness and injuries, rather than shocking performances.

I wish him well...

Red Devon

With Colesy it is more about fitness and injuries, rather than shocking performances.

I wish him well...
GasheadWes his fitness couldn't have been that bad last season apparently he played 41 games for you?

GasheadWes

GasheadWes his fitness couldn't have been that bad last season apparently he played 41 games for you?
He did indeed. I think the amount of games he has played during the past couple of seasons have been pretty good actually, his first year and a half at the club is what i was mainly thinking about i suppose.

To be honest, he played too many games last season and that is something Tis will have an eye on. I'm sure if Coles plays less games and is given the right amount of rest and recuperation between matches he will prove a decent enough signing.

I think his performances suffered at times because his body struggles to cope with a lot of matches, especially 2 games a week, hence our shocking goals conceded column, although that is not only down to Coles obviously.

Like i said, given the right circumstances he could prove a decent signing.

mdg

welcome danny to the red & white revolution - Tis will get the best from you, a win win situation

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good riddance. Injury prone waster and one of the main reasons we were relegated.
Along with the 10 other players on the pitch at that time. Thats always the main reason

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sounds like he's got a grip of where were at as a football team, let's hope he can walk the talk.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11719_6982659,00.html

STURTZ

Welcome Danny, you're stepping into the shoes of a big player in Matt Taylor, hope you're up to it.

LammieLammieLammie

:D

Loving the Gas reaction . He's gone from "always injured" too "played too many games last year".

Why do fans get so defensive and parochial about their club and towards their ex players, when they,or a new manager decides it's time for a change?

i like the fact that a lot of managers who I respect throughout Danny Coles career thought him decent and worth a punt.

That opinion carries more weight than most keyboard warriors.