• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Danny Coles unhappy with fans today

Bittners a Legend

Apparently Stuart James has been banned by Mr Coles from talking to any ECFC over 30's due to comments made in Stuart's WMN Rochdale report.

What authority does Coles have to ban anyone from anything at ECFC?!?

Not only a rubbish footballer, but clearly a ham shank too. (Coles, not Mr S. James)
All part of the culture created by Mr Tisdale and Mr Tagg. The club is clearly desperate to stifle all criticism and any organisation that is so protective and insecure is clearly very, very sick. What a shambles.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Apparently Stuart James has been banned by Mr Coles from talking to any ECFC over 30's due to comments made in Stuart's WMN Rochdale report.

What authority does Coles have to ban anyone from anything at ECFC?!?

Not only a rubbish footballer, but clearly a ham shank too. (Coles, not Mr S. James)
In which case Stuart James should mention this in his column. Show Coles for the ***** he really is.

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
Very interested to know Mr LLL's thoughts...

Grecian_In_Exile

Very well known Exeweb poster
Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
Very interested to know Mr LLL's thoughts...
He's very quiet at the moment.

Bittners a Legend

Spanky could you clarify what comments Coles took exception too? I've just read the match report on the WMN website and it is fairly bland - no real strong criticism. I was expecting to read James mocking Coles utter inability to pass the football, or perhaps his lack of pace, or his failure of leadership. He was even relatively kind about the sitter Coles missed from six yards.

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
Spanky could you clarify what comments Coles took exception too? I've just read the match report on the WMN website and it is fairly bland - no real strong criticism. I was expecting to read James mocking Coles utter inability to pass the football, or perhaps his lack of pace, or his failure of leadership. He was even relatively kind about the sitter Coles missed from six yards.
I have absolutely no idea Bitts. Stuart tweeted pretty much what I've posted about an hour ago (about the banning,not Coles being a ham shank).

I'm intrigued to know who gave Coles the authority to ban anyone from anything. As far as I am aware he has no management position.

One thing that is becoming increasingly clear to me is that this particular player epitomises all that appears to be wrong atm.

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
One thing that is becoming increasingly clear to me is that this particular player epitomises all that appears to be wrong atm.
It's not the player power in itself that is the problem, that's been around for a long time, it's the culture of our club that allows it to go unchallenged, and that extends to the Board, the Trust and mostly the manager, who, oddly, Stuart's recently been very, very supportive of to the extent that he not so long ago branded dissenting City fans "morons". This is one very odd situation.

Last edited:

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
So not only can he slag the fans off, he now dictates who the older players can and can't talk to. You couldn't make it up.

How about concentrating on your own game and trying to improve it, instead of worrying about who speaks to the press.

You're a little bit too precious to be a footballer and I use the term football in the very loosest of terms.

LOG

Whenever there's any form of criticism, no matter how mild, the wagons always circle. They should, instead, do the exact opposite.

Grecian_Jay

Haha this is all pretty funny. Stuart James is a ***** and so is Danny Coles. You would tihnk they would get on.