• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Danny Coles unhappy with fans today

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Log,

You appear to be doing what you claimed made your head hurt only half an hour ago.
Not sure how you reached that conclusion.

My point, not that anyone seems to have noticed, is that what started out as a lynch Danny Coles thread then quickly reversed and changed into a no, let's all feel sorry for him and go after Tisdale instead thread, sprinkled with a little bit of nonsense about name calling on exeweb.

Why does there always need to be a target?

Grecian_Jay

Fairly obvious I would have thought. It was part of a discussion between me and Jay and he seemed happy enough with it.
Water off a duck's back Tone. I am used to it, I am a Yeovil supporting member of The Taliban with ADHD afterall.

Antony Moxey

My point, not that anyone seems to have noticed, is that what started out as a lynch Danny Coles thread then quickly reversed and changed into a no, let's all feel sorry for him and go after Tisdale instead thread, sprinkled with a little bit of nonsense about name calling on exeweb.
What's wrong with that? Threads develop and discussions meander - I know it's against thread rules but discussions evolve and sometimes go beyond the initial topic. I'd always imagined forums to be the electronic version of being sat down the pub having a yap about whatever, rather than a debating society competition. I guess what I'm trying to say in repsonse to your post I've quoted above is 'so what?'.

LOG

What's wrong with that? Threads develop and discussions meander - I know it's against thread rules but discussions evolve and sometimes go beyond the initial topic. I'd always imagined forums to be the electronic version of being sat down the pub having a yap about whatever, rather than a debating society competition. I guess what I'm trying to say in repsonse to your post I've quoted above is 'so what?'.
Not you as well :p

I agree entirely about discussions developing in the same way that they would if face-to-face and it annoys me when threads are closed for going off topic, but that's not really the point. To me and my simple little mind though, this thread just demonstrates how some people will go off on a mission to jump on any little negative aspect of the club based on a single piece of "evidence" then completely change tack when some other snippet of information comes out and pounce on that instead. Nobody seems to care now that Coles mouthed off on tw@tter and are jumping all over Tisdale instead and making wild assumptions about ignoring medical advice.

Alistair20000

This thread is making my head hurt.

38 pages ago, it all started simply enough with Danny Coles mouthing off on twitter but since then it's morphed into something about Jabba's long posts, Jay's ADHD, Tisdale being the anti-Christ for playing Coles through an injury and something about the Taliban.
It is the effect of the Advent Calendar Quiz. Complex, cryptic etc.

jabba the gut

... now we're comparing Coles with Ledley King....All the clubs you have quoted have huge state-of-the-art medical facilities, sports science, rehab facilities. They will be taking advice from tens of overqualified people...

I anticipated this bogus line of argument and dealt with it comprehensively in a subsequent post, yet you are so comically biased and so unable to admit defeat when you are clearly wrong, that you either deliberately ignored my post, or were so overcome by the red mist that you were blind to it.

Here's the bit you conveniently left out.

"Because the usual suspects are so fond of adopting ever more convoluted arguments in some truly hilarious attempts to wriggle their way out of an untenable position rather than admit they might have been wrong, I fully expect to see one or more of them attempting to explain away my last post by employing some form of bizarre logic - probably something along the lines of "top-flight playerrz don't count, 'cos them's goddalodda moneee, innit.

So here are yet more examples of useless managers playing injured players in various leagues from the Championship all the way down to the Conference."

Blackburn Boss (Owen Coyle) Confident Of Team's Survival

"Junior (Hoilett)... has been playing with an injury for a while as has Yakubu (Aiyegbeni)..."

(Doncaster) Rovers v Swindon Town

"Tommy Miller was rested for Friday's game with Oldham Athletic after playing with an injury in recent weeks, but could return this afternoon."

Wrexham FC's Defensive Crisis Eases

"Dean Keates is playing with an injury and it’s a bit sore but he digs in for us, added (Manager Andy) Morrell"

(Coventry City's Carl) Baker playing with an injury for weeks

"And some of our wonderful supporters still can't help themselves to shout abuse!! Wasters!!" (For God's sake don't show the Coventry posters exeweb).

I'm sure the likes of non-league Wrexham and Coventry City, who don't even have a ground, will be surprised to learn that anyone could describe them as having "huge state-of-the-art medical facilities, sports science, rehab facilities. They will be taking advice from tens of overqualified people..."

And for the benefit of the tape I have never compared Tisdale to Shankly in the way you imply. That's simply yet another of the logical fallacies you're so fond of. It should be in the book I so kindly recommended to you under the chapter, "Strawman Arguments".

Here to help.

Last edited:

jabba the gut

Who said anyone found it hurtful, I really could not give a toss what people call me on here, the likes of me and Jay are on the end of a fair few names because of our opinions however we rarely (if ever) kick up a fuss about it.

I used the term as an example in relation to a post last night (post number 324) as it was a totally hypocritical comment from GeraintJones.

Another poster who is totally two faced is Jabba, he spends hell of a lot of time posting comments about people / players / staff etc being abused and in his bizarre roundabout way he abuses others more than most.
While we're on the subject of being two-faced, I've asked you twice now if you are prepared to condemn the use of such derisive nicknames as "rose-tinters" and "Tisdale arse-lickers" given that you appear to be so exercised about my comparison of the likes of yourself and Glover Jay with a group of fundamentalist religious fanatics.

I'm still waiting.

wemissmoxey

While we're on the subject of being two-faced, I've asked you twice now if you are prepared to condemn the use of such derisive nicknames as "rose-tinters" and "Tisdale arse-lickers" given that you appear to be so exercised about my comparison of the likes of yourself and Glover Jay with a group of fundamentalist religious fanatics.

I'm still waiting.
No, it is a two way street, I have not condemned any labels either way.

I just find your Taliban comment rather weird, that is all, pretty simple really.

Last edited:

rp42

Tis the season to be jolly trolla la la la la laahhhhhhhhhhh:eek:

Bittners a Legend

Is this "the boring swipe" you're referring to?

"Maybe one or two commentators on his form recently will become more understanding..."

So Tisdale asks those who have given one of his players a hard time recently to cut him some slack and this is somehow yet another example of Tisdale the Infidel smiting the faithful and displaying the true extent of his deviousness and low cunning for all the world to see? Wow. The guy really can't win, can he?

No - because knee injuries serious enough to need surgery have no effect on the movement of the leg and therefore have no impact on the performance of a player, do they?
I'm afraid I didn't suggest Tisdale was an Infidel, nor that he had smited the faithful, nor that he had showed the true extent of his deviousness and cunning. It was yet another little dig at his critics which in my opinion serves little purpose and does him no favours. That you either try to twist the point, or suggest that it wasn't a dig is just bizarre.

As for the knee injury...my comment was as follows "I'm sorry to hear Coles is injured but I'm not convinced the injury has made any difference to his inability to pass the ball or apparently provide any leadership on the pitch...". Coles used to hoof the ball rather than pass it before his injury and I maintain that his injury makes no difference to his inability on that front as with his apparent lack of leadership on the pitch in my opinion.

Last edited: