• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Dagenham v Exeter City matchday thread

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Roger East was refereeing....
I stand humbly corrected sir. Was going by the BBC match feed (and also Hants's usually impeccable match reviews)

Roger, over and out
G2k

Grecian2K

Two of the sides that City have met in the league so far are 23rd and 24th tonight!
Ah, but only because we helped put them there.

As a start, as long as there are still (at least) two clubs still below us come next May I'll at least rest a little easy, if not happy.

Last edited:

zyderman

ooooohhhhhhhhhh sh*tarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr aaaarrrrrrrrr
First game in 18 months, definitely the best city side I've seen in last 5 years or so. Noble was best player on the pitch by miles (their bloke Jones was good too), defence looked solid, big work rate up front and loads of nice touches from Holmes and Harley. New boy Manny got better and better, looks excellent and nearly scored goal of the season in first half.

Looking forward to more of the same at Wimbledon and Barnet soon.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tonight shows how much strength in depth we have in the squad now. There aren't too many positions in the team where we don't have cover of some capability. No JMT or Wheeler and we did well. Good stuff.

Avening Posse

Great result, 3 wins out of 4, excellent start to the season

GRECIAN_LDN

Home already, managed to cross the QE bridge at 1001 so saved myself £2.50 as well.

Dagenham were a poor side, having said that City controlled the majority of the game. Tom Nicholls struggled tonight against their big centre back. The referee could've given a few more decisions his way but all in all a frustrating night for Tom. City were hanging on a bit in the end but it was a well deserved 3 points away from home.

Dagenham will struggle this year. I was impressed with their number 17 Jodi Jones. He took up good positions in between City's CB and CM but his final ball needs a bit more work.

All in all an effective performance and 3 more points in the bag.

tjcrid82

Daggers number 17 is 17 years old according to Wiki. Star in the making I would say. The rest of the team were terrible though.

Clinical performance from us tonight, great to see Noble looking so strong in midfield again.

oxford don

3 points but the Daggers were poor.. conference fodder without a doubt..
Harley & Homes 8 the rest an average 5... just shows how poor the Daggers were.

Olejnik must have Myopia methinks as he struggles with the shots hit from distance :eek:

Could have blown it at the end and to be honest 2 all would have been more than fair...but as the Late great Brian Clough used to say...if your playing badly and winning there aint a lot wrong.

Red Bill

Great to hear that Noble is shining again. He split opinion when he was with us before, I liked him but could understand why others didn't. Since he's been back with us he's been fantastic and is central to our game. Just goes to show that while some players are starting the slide down hill at 30, others are hitting their mature best. Personally I think keeping him fit is going to be pivotal to our chances of genuinely challenging for promotion, more I think than any other player.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Apparently the team bus has broken down. Mechanically speaking not emotionally.