• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cureton first half sub

EX4 4UX

Cureton is only going to be out for a month, which at this stage of the season is four or five games. I would have resigned Cureton even if he missed half the season, because you could almost guarantee at least 10 goals in that time. Cheltenham also seem to be looking at a loan replacement for him, and they have Gornell, Harrison and Vincent - all of whom I would take over our front line.

Pobbop

I'm not that bothered about this subject, he's gone, we've possibly used his wages for two other attacking options, we'll see how it works out. We needed different options, in Reid we've got a youngster who could be very good, so it'll mean more game-time for him.

but there is no way whatsoever curo will be back in a month, unless they want his shoulder continually to pop out.

Tisdale is often (rightly) criticized when older players he brings in are crocked, after all it really isn't a surprise, and the healing process is always going to take longer.

Pays your money, and you takes your choice.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not just very very harsh, but idiotic at best. In our L1 relegation season, he was suffering from an achilles injury that few other pro's would have played with but still put in as much as he could. In 2 seasons he scored 40+ goals, and in the L1 season he didn't start playing until October. Who and when was the last player to score 20 for us twice in 2 seasons?

People crap on about him leaving for Orient, but forget that twice, a player who is the 2nd highest scorer still playing had to trial twice for us before earning a pair of 6 month contracts and a year one. And hide behind the defence? You watch a totally game than I do. Where is our next 20 goal striker coming from wise guy? He sure as hell ain't wearing our strip at the moment.

IMO Gow will be a lot less effective this season, as none of our strikeforce are technically good enough to read his game. Cureton was.

This season, as it transpires, not resigning Cureton look's like it was the right decision. But that is more Tisdale's good luck rather than good judgement, and Jamie's misfortune.
Very good post.(y)

fred binneys head

I'm not that bothered about this subject, he's gone, we've possibly used his wages for two other attacking options, we'll see how it works out. We needed different options, in Reid we've got a youngster who could be very good, so it'll mean more game-time for him.

but there is no way whatsoever curo will be back in a month, unless they want his shoulder continually to pop out.

Tisdale is often (rightly) criticized when older players he brings in are crocked, after all it really isn't a surprise, and the healing process is always going to take longer.

I agree with this completely. It's a big decision from Tis and one I am prepared to back him on. Maybe he let Curo go as he was concerned a 37 year old might get injured for too much of the season relative to the wage he was taking. 1-0 to Tis on that front.

FAN-TATIC

What did we sign Cureton for? To score goals. He did it admirably on both occasions, so what's not to like?

He has a wife and no doubt a mortgage, even his career as professional footballer can be described as short, so he has to 'make his hay whist the sun shines' pretty much like the rest of us.

Discolating a shoulder is a nasty thing to do at any age, at his age it will take longer to heal than for a 20 year old. I wish him a speedy and complete recovery. He can score as many goals as he likes against the other 21 teams. I just hope he experiences a loss of form for Cheltenham's two matches against us.

Thanks Jamie, and good luck for the future.

Last edited:

AndyR

Haha so many on here are so blinded to City and once someone leaves they decide they're ****.

Curo was fantastic for us, 40 goals in two seasons playing in a crap team for half of that is no mean feat.
Hear, hear. One of our best strikers for many, many years. Even on Saturday, he found the net before his injury.

TOP_CITY_FAN

Why does anyone feel sorry for him??
I couldn't be happier!

grecIAN Harris

A lot of words for a bloke who's not bothered by this subject.

geoffwp

What did we sign Cureton for? To score goals. He did it admirably on both occasions, so what's not to like?

He has a wife and no doubt a mortgage, even his career as professional footballer can be described as short, so he has to 'make his hay whist the sun shines' pretty much like the rest of us.

Discolating a shoulder is a nasty thing to do at any age, at his age it will take longer to heal than for a 20 year old. I wish him a speedy and complete recovery. He can score as many goals as he likes against the other 21 teams. I just hope he experiences a loss of form for Cheltenham's two matches against us.

Thanks Jamie, and good luck for the future.
I think this is right. I'm just amazed at people turning on the guy as if he was some crock of sh*t. I often wondered, at the end of last season, just where we might have ended up without Curo's goals. We don't get 20 plus a season strikers playing for us too often. Lets not bad mouth one of them simply because he needed to earn and city couldn't afford to pay. Is this Dylan character a troll?

Last edited:

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
I think the reason for the criticism of him is that due to his age we were never going to get a fee to soften the blow of him moving on. When we lost mackie,moxey,seaborne etc it didn't seem so bad because the cash enabled us to feel we should be able to invest back in the team.

Because of this I certainly will admit to hoping he doesn't do very well so I can feel we lost him at the right time and didn't miss out on goals which may have seen us finishing higher up the table.