• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Crowd for Dagenham

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It's not as simples as that.

In the beginning there were four clubs: Dagenham, Ilford, Leytonstone and Walthamstow Avenue.
In 1979 Leytonstone and Ilford combined to form Leytonstone/Ilford.
In 1987 a new Ilford club was formed.
In 1988 Walthamstow were absorbed by Leytonstone/Ilford.
In 1989 that club was renamed Redbridge Forest.
In 1992 Dagenham and Redbridge amalgamated to become the club we know and love(?) today.
Meanwhile, in 2000, a new Walthamstow Avenue club was formed.

* here to REALLY bug *
Thank you. More of them than I realised.

benjishep

Still trying to work out how the crowd was 6,500 against Grays a few seasons ago yet now struggle to get over 5,000 for games just as important. Who were those extra 1,500????
That is a very valid point and you would think that the whole city will be getting behind the boys before long. I think the crowd was a decent turn out on Tuesday for an evening game, but feel that we should definitely have over 5,000 on Saturday.
I also think when we played Grays we were either 2nd or 3rd and they were top, so if we win on Saturday I think we could possibly hit the 6,500-7,000 mark for the Wycombe game...here's hoping anyway.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Let everybody in for a fiver and you will see the crowd jump, Brentford did a similar thing and got 10.5k.
And then you'll need a crowd 2 1/2 to 3 times our average is order to take the same amount in gate receipts. Well thought out.

Ash

5451 on Saturday, then between 5200 and 7400 against Wycombe, depending on our results!

4ORDY

6,666, 3 points ,and I thank you ..

Joshyd123

5,432 with 210 from Dagenham

Poultice

And then you'll need a crowd 2 1/2 to 3 times our average is order to take the same amount in gate receipts. Well thought out.
Sigh !

It wasn't a suggestion of something we should do Anton dearest, just an explanation of why Grimsbys crowds have doubled.

n.b.Misunderstandings can normally be avoided by reading things slowly, in their entirety, and with some reference to their context.

Poultice

* here to REALLY bug *
No history of this saga is complete without reference to the activities of Bairstow Eves.

stateless

what kind of overnight thingey have Dagenham got arranged? i wonder if i could catch a lift with that lot, sounds fun and beats the usual beano to Southend for a barfight and welks at the end of the evening.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
No history of this saga is complete without reference to the activities of Bairstow Eves.
And what sort of property would Sir be interested in? We may have something coming up in the Borough of Barking. Extensive work will be required, particularly with the electrical supply.