• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2024

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Oh hello! Jason?!?

It's pretty well known that we get a raw deal out of being tenants at HQ, but the powers that be issued a statement on Sunday effectively poo-pooing the article in the Times and saying that for the foreseeable at least we won't be going anywhere. There had been thoughts around developing the site at Barnet Copthall (also where Saracens chase eggs) but that never came to any sort of fruition.

Anyway I wished I'd paid attention to the fact we'd reverted to the Dukes ball this time around - in the Middlesex prediction competition I'd assumed we were still using the Kookaburra so predicted a high scoring draw. Instead we discovered again that we could bowl and rolled out a high quality Yorkshire batting line up cheaply twice.

Bridgy 81

I don’t follow cricket particularly closely but it maybe of interest on here that Bridgwater Cricket Club have signed Carlos Brathwaite for the upcoming season.
He’s played internationally for the West Indies in various formats but especially limited over ones and has turned out for various franchise teams in that respect too.
He’s probably best known for hitting sixes off each of the first four balls in the final over of the 2016 World T20, denying England of the title in the progress.
I only live a mile or so from their ground so I’ll look out for speeding cricket balls flying around on match days.
I’ll also try and pluck up the courage to go over there at some point to watch him in action.
I’ll walk over so my car isn’t in the firing line.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hope Ben Stokes doesn't view Exeweb.

Bridgy 81

Or comes to Bridgwater this summer.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I believe he posts occasionally ;)

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
I believe he posts occasionally ;)
It can be organised.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
It can be organised.
I'll drop Neil Fairbrother a note...

"Dear Neil,

As part of Ben Stokes' association with GM, he'll be required to sign up to Exeweb, and start a new thread entitled "What not to do on a night out in Bristol".

Kind regards,

Spanks"

Stelios

I don’t follow cricket particularly closely but it maybe of interest on here that Bridgwater Cricket Club have signed Carlos Brathwaite for the upcoming season.
He’s played internationally for the West Indies in various formats but especially limited over ones and has turned out for various franchise teams in that respect too.
He’s probably best known for hitting sixes off each of the first four balls in the final over of the 2016 World T20, denying England of the title in the progress.
I only live a mile or so from their ground so I’ll look out for speeding cricket balls flying around on match days.
I’ll also try and pluck up the courage to go over there at some point to watch him in action.
Seems like a nice bloke whenever I’ve heard him do radio comms. Good luck to the bowlers :ROFLMAO:

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
He's been to the Park a few times.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster