• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2018

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes well done for the series win.

The opposition may not have been strong but there were some good performances and the spinners did the necessary work to get us there.

IndoMike

Yes well done for the series win.

The opposition may not have been strong but there were some good performances and the spinners did the necessary work to get us there.
Yep, the spinners took all the wickets if I'm not mistaken. A rare occurrence in cricket, methinks.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Yep, the spinners took all the wickets if I'm not mistaken. A rare occurrence in cricket, methinks.
Think Anderson & Curran got 1 each from memory & Stokes probably also

IndoMike

Think Anderson & Curran got 1 each from memory & Stokes probably also
Was talking about Sri Lanka's 2nd innings. I thought Leach got 5, Moeen got 4 and Rashid got 1

IndoMike

Broad and Bairstow back in. Bairstow at no. 3

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Last match spinners got, I believe, 19 of the 20 SL wickets to fall, 16 the previous match.

Anyway, Anderson is "rested" for the final match having bowled about 4 overs in the last match, while the injured Curran is replaced by Bairstow, who will bat at 3.

IndoMike

Don't think Bairstow is the answer for no.3. Where's David Gower when you need him?

Terryhall

Don't think Bairstow is the answer for no.3. Where's David Gower when you need him?
Gower only played in 117 test matches for England. We should call him up for the next 3 to get him to 120 and honour him as a true legend.

(That's how this works, right?)

IndoMike

Gower only played in 117 test matches for England. We should call him up for the next 3 to get him to 120 and honour him as a true legend.

(That's how this works, right?)
He might do better than Bairstow. Class player.
PS. Rooney deserved a special presentation, but IMO a player should not be selected for sentimental reasons. A bit like Tisdale coming on at the end of our good season in Div 2.

Colesman Ballz

A bit like Tisdale coming on at the end of our good season in Div 2.
Not the same at all really, Tiswas picked HIMSELF in a mahoosive display of egotistical over indulgence !