• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2018

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
3 bowlers can be used to bowl the 10 ball last over!
Is that right Hants ? What a crock of sh*te. :mad:

All I have seen today is Andrew Strauss saying the new tournament is for mums and kids. I am pleased to note I am not welcome.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Now they're just making it up as they go along.
Now there's an idea!

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
They could introduce Monopoly Chance/Community Chest style cards. Before every over, a card is drawn which contains the instructions for the next over. "All runs count double", "The over must be bowled by the wicketkeeper", "GO TO JAIL - INNINGS OVER" etc.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Interesting Creds - better for who? I have absolutely zero interest in the IPL, Big Bash or any of the other overseas domestic T20 competitions watching teams and players I’ve never heard of and never cared about. Simply smashing balls over the rope doesn’t matter to me unless you have a vested interest yourself. Same as European football leagues - give me Stoke v Huddersfield any day over Inter v Atalanta or Getafe v Celia Vigo, it does nothing for me.

Plus,I guess,it does nothing for one day or test cricket either, to me it’s simply a money making exercise.
I watch for the English players , Stokes & Butler are class & Woakes one of the highest wicket takers, Jofra Archer as well he’s a England star of the future and also for people like Kohli , De Villiers , it’s great cricket at a superb level.....many of the games are better than international twenty20 games

Our Twenty20 competition Is 10 years behind - the fact cricketers like Hales & Rashid 2 of our better ODI international players have decided to not play county championship cricket which is simply so poor shows how the game is going

The purists won’t like it , but a green wicket in April with somebody taking wickets at 70mph isn’t ever going draw a crowd of 62,000 like the IPL did this weekend

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yorkshire 96 all out against the Cidermen!

Alistair20000

Yorkshire 96 all out against the Cidermen!
Funny old day. Somerset tanking along at over 5 an over to 140+ for 1 then 20 wickets going down for about 170. :S

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Green tops and 70mph dibbly doblers winning over bat i see so far.......

On the plus side Kent bowled out Pakistan for not that many

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Surrey have signed some chap called Kohli as the overseas player for June.

Very mixed feelings - will put bums on seats, and the thought of him playing down the road in Guildford against Somerset is quite exciting but I don't agree with giving the best batsman in the world a month long net to get used to English conditions, before our Test side then spend the following 2 months trying to get him out. And he will take the place of an English qualified player in Surrey's top 6 (Borthwick, Roy or Pope probably) which also isn't good.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
I agree with you. Somerset did something similar years ago by giving Ricky Ponting some extended match practice.

Alistair20000

Jesus Navas.

Yaarkshire blown away for only 50 :eek: at the Chelmsford crap hole and Essex already 2 down.

Pitch inspector alert ?