• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2016

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Easy win for the Cidermen to get a S/F place in the Royal London (clap)

Worcester were abysmal with most of the batsman getting out caught to very poor shots. Peter Trego must have thought it was his birthday to get both Moeen Ali and Mitchell who had put together the only decent stand and then Ross Whiteley. Good to see Tom Fell back playing after recovering from cancer.

Superb knocks from Jayawadene and Jim Allenby to chase down a massively sub par total.

I must confess to shying away from rather than trying to catch Allenby's 6 into the Trescothick :$ My excuse is that it was slightly closer to my neighbour and travelling like a missile.

Last edited:

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jayawardene will be unavailable for the semi-final, it seems.

Alistair20000

Jayawardene will be unavailable for the semi-final, it seems.
Yes and I am rather vexed that it is an away at grotty Edgbaston. I thought they had a draw of the Q/F winners.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Meanwhile, in the Proper Cricket, our march to the title continues with another innings victory...

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Warwickshire it is then. As my theory has always been that England flops always aim to take it out on Somerset, Bell will be a worry. He wants his backside kicking for getting himself dropped from the England squad, as the middle order batting is so unreliable just now. I remember Mike Gatting incurring my spiteful resentment once for scoring 250+ against us at a time when he hadn't done much for England.

Meanwhile, in the Proper Cricket, our march to the title continues with another innings victory...
Ah, shuddup! :D

Alistair20000

Notts choke again and mighty Yaarkshire dumped out by the outsiders Durham on T20 Final's Day.

Congratulations to Northants for punching well above their weight; at least metaphorically speaking as they have some big units in their team. :)

Alistair20000

Warwicks off to a good start in the 50 0ver S/F to see who joins Sorry in the final. Cidermen need some quick wickets.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
As my theory has always been that England flops always aim to take it out on Somerset, Bell will be a worry.
What did I tell you?

Alistair20000

6 fer for Gareth Berg at the Ageas against Yaarkshire on a tricky pitch. Hampshire will need to bat really well to put them under pressure to help out Jason's bauys who may be up against it on a "sporting" wicket at Edgbaston with several big names missing. 6 wickets for the spinners on day 1 on a pitch used for the Royal London S/F and which was already a used pitch before that game. :S Listened to a bit of commentary on the wireless yesterday and batting sounded very difficult indeed.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
And yet both our wickets today so far have come to classic seam bowling!

Ravi Patel will be warming up his spinning fingers before long. Great to have him back after his season was decimated by an injury in pre-season.