• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2015

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I will be turning on my radio in the early hours of tomorrow morning for the Prime minsters eleven v England game

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
I was given FIGJAM's autobiography for Christmas - I'll give it a read but I suspect I'll need to find an alternative use for it in the "smallest room".

Agree re: Morgan as Skip, incidentally. Cook was left out on the basis of current form, yet his was better than Morgan's. And now with Cook out, they go for something of an identikit ODI player in Bell to open. Big risk.
Surely Hales should be opening !

Ali I think can do pretty well on his day - Bell has had so many games at ODI level and considering his undoubted talent he's never really set the world alight

He like Cook is far more suited to test cricket

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting view shown on SSN last night re: Bell/Hales in that coaches in ODI format had worked Hales out very quickly hence why he hasn't yet performed. Duncan Fletcher said it took all of one innings to work him out.

Bell hasn't done his chances any harm today with 187 against an admittedly somewhat second-rate PM XI attack.

CREDYGRECIAN

That's bell selected then

Still not convinced we will do Anything of note in the WC

Our bowling is so average and we won't score 300-350

Live in Oz and it's not fun at the moment. I don't think the batting is far away despite Morgan saving everybody's blushes tonight. The bowling is a worry. I cannot see us restricting many sides to under 275...Still, I'll be at the MCG on Feb 14 hoping for the best.

CREDYGRECIAN

Our bowling is **** poor

CREDYGRECIAN

Next thing to happen - Jade dernbach will get re called

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I watched the game vs. India and I expected a much tougher game. I don't think that we stand any chance against Australia because they are in a completely different league...

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
You'll all be delighted to hear that Surrey have appointed the young, upcoming off-spinner Gareth Batty as captain for the season (facepalm)

In more positive news, Jason Roy is doing well for the Lions in South Africa. 250 runs at the top of the order in 3 games, and 3 victories.

Last edited: