• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Credit Crunch Part II

Mackster

Well is it gonna happen and what are the consequences?

I've just seen the ridiculous sight of the Greek Police picketing the German Embassy demanding "respect"!

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well is it gonna happen and what are the consequences?

I've just seen the ridiculous sight of the Greek Police picketing the German Embassy demanding "respect"!
Please see learned treatise by Professor ******** on thread "The Sh*tstorm Commeth"

The Greeks seem to think the world owes them a living.

Last edited:

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Please see learned treatise by Professor ******** on thread "The Sh*tstorm Commeth"

The Greeks seem to think the world owes them a living.
Easy for us to say, but Greek pensioners (who are unlikely to have had a hand in the world financial crisis) are looking at a 20% cut and no doubt more cuts later in their pensions. What else can they do about that other than protest?

Poultice

Easy for us to say, but Greek pensioners (who are unlikely to have had a hand in the world financial crisis) are looking at a 20% cut and no doubt more cuts later in their pensions. What else can they do about that other than protest?
Trouble is most of these "Greek pensioners" are in their early thirties.

geoffwp

There's a lot more of this to come as power moves from west to east. I quite fancy Greece for a holiday home now. There ought to be some increasingly nice deals going.

elginCity

Whereabouts in the east will power move geoffers? Chinese manufacturing and exports are affected too.

Poultice

There's a lot more of this to come as power moves from west to east. I quite fancy Greece for a holiday home now. There ought to be some increasingly nice deals going.
You're still better off over the border in Bulgaria, Give Greece 12 months at least after they go back to the Drachma.

geoffwp

Trouble is it's 'Bulgaria' poults. It just don't do it for me. I reckon there'll be a bleddy lot of dracs to the pound.

Poultice

Trouble is it's 'Bulgaria' poults. It just don't do it for me. I reckon there'll be a bleddy lot of dracs to the pound.
Same place just different language, but as you probably speak neither what's the dif ?

Obviously if you talking about one of the less remote and nicer islands, or Captain Corelli land, then money must be no object.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
You're still better off over the border in Bulgaria,
If you had been there, you would be wishing to be over the border. Any border.