• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Covid

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
This is an absolute joke. IT boils me it really does, it didn't work the first time and there's no need for it now.
Aye...A complete waste of time & money.

InTheBigBank

Resigned
I'm seeing absolutely no evidence of that on the ground whatsoever.
A friend of mine is in the TA - or Army Reserves as he tells me to say. He couldn't go on a skiing trip due to not having the jibber jabber.

He found it more than funny when they all came back with Covid.

DB9

2 years ago today we were told to stay at home, 2 years on do we think it was the right course of action?

Mr Jinx

2 years ago today we were told to stay at home, 2 years on do we think it was the right course of action?
With the first lockdown I think definitely yes. But it wasn't done soon enough (by at least a week) and went on too long (by about a month).

The second lockdown over xmas 2020 I'm in two minds about. But given it happened, it was again too late and went on way too long.

The great summer freedom delay (of 1 month) last year was a complete joke. I would've lifted all restrictions in May 2021 for good.

Stuck record time, but too much credence was paid to the daily charts of doom as well as the doomsday science. We should've moved on from it long ago.

DB9

With the first lockdown I think definitely yes. But it wasn't done soon enough (by at least a week) and went on too long (by about a month).

The second lockdown over xmas 2020 I'm in two minds about. But given it happened, it was again too late and went on way too long.

The great summer freedom delay (of 1 month) last year was a complete joke. I would've lifted all restrictions in May 2021 for good.

Stuck record time, but too much credence was paid to the daily charts of doom as well as the doomsday science. We should've moved on from it long ago.
For me the first lockdown was needed and i agree was done too late, This "Sing Happy Birthday Twice" while washing your hands was too dismissive of what was happening, When it appeared in Italy and spread like wild fire the signs were there but i think we ignored them earlier on, Xmas 2020 The Government just not wanted to seem to be The Grinch at Xmas and the Delta variant wrecked havoc.

As for "Freedom Day" that again was a like a "PR Stunt" but i believe the media were more to blame for that, Hyping people up as if it was all over. Obviously now the vaccines have helped, Omicron variant maybe more transmissable but is less servere (Thankfully) We now do have to live with it but there have been mistakes no doubt but 2 years ago we didn't know what we were dealing with.

Average Joe

Absolutely, we still have an active NHS and without the lockdown I genuinely don't think we would.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Personally, I'm continuing to avoid as many people as possible and - when I do have to go out and mix with you plague and pestillence carriers - am still wearing me facemask. (y)

DB9

Personally, I'm continuing to avoid as many people as possible and - when I do have to go out and mix with you plague and pestillence carriers - am still wearing me facemask. (y)
I try to avoid people at all times Rae, Even before the pandemic!

Average Joe

Me and the missis both contracted COVID for the first time last week, I seemed to have done alright, slight ear ache, temperature and just feeling tired but the old lady well she’s having a right run with it, knocked her for 6.

I’ve never been pro or anti vaccination I’ve had two of my four jabs however for the respect of our parents and grandparents I’d happy consume something that could potentially save their life, both thought in the war for my safety the least I can do is have a medically proven vaccine to help either prevent the spread for save my Life.

Mr Jinx

What I find really disturbing is that Twitter is banning users that share a link to this article:

It's like we're not even allowed to question what happened.

Worrying times.