• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Covid

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
534 dead, cases up, barely newsworthy. Incredible how easily and quickly people become desensitised.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
534 dead, cases up, barely newsworthy. Incredible how easily and quickly people become desensitised.
Some but not all - are we all happy with 250 deaths a day over a week let alone over 500 today. Something must be wrong with NHS treatment protocols or availability or is Boris now allowing involuntary euthanasia to divert future pension costs to fund flat developments of No 10 P parties?

DB9

Some but not all - are we all happy with 250 deaths a day over a week let alone over 500 today. Something must be wrong with NHS treatment protocols or availability or is Boris now allowing involuntary euthanasia to divert future pension costs to fund flat developments of No 10 P parties?
You need to look beyond the headlines, Look at how the figures are released etc, How many in hospital, ICU, They are all factors, Those numbers i think are designed to scare us and i do think its about time to drop the daily infection/death rates relase, We are 2 years into this and have to live with this as its not going away. What we must do is ensure the NHS is prepared at all times.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
You need to look beyond the headlines, Look at how the figures are released etc, How many in hospital, ICU, They are all factors, Those numbers i think are designed to scare us and i do think its about time to drop the daily infection/death rates relase, We are 2 years into this and have to live with this as its not going away. What we must do is ensure the NHS is prepared at all times.
They are supposedly dropping the daily figure release in March, which can only be a good thing.

InTheBigBank

Resigned
I wonder what the death stats will look like once the 'deaths for any reason within 28 days of a positive test' clause is dropped.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Ah, that old chestnut.

Considering covid tends to be far more deadly to those with underlying conditions, what, exactly, do you expect???

Mr Jinx

Some but not all - are we all happy with 250 deaths a day over a week let alone over 500 today.
It depends. How many people died of normal flu every day pre-covid over the 3 winter months?

We were obviously happy with that.

InTheBigBank

Resigned
Ah, that old chestnut.

Considering covid tends to be far more deadly to those with underlying conditions, what, exactly, do you expect???
I don't know, truthfully. Although as a layman I imagine there has to be a way of giving us a more accurate representation of the deadliness of Covid.

It just always seemed a strange way to measure deaths from a pandemic which has justified as much government intervention as has taken place.

So that old chestnut also moonlights as an elephant in a room. For some of us at least.

Alistair20000

It depends. How many people died of normal flu every day pre-covid over the 3 winter months?

We were obviously happy with that.
Not so much happy as knowing we have to live with things.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not so much happy as knowing we have to live with things.
https://www.health.org.uk/publications/long-reads/one-year-on-three-myths-about-COVID-19-that-the-data-proved-wrong indicates "In a bad flu year on average around 30,000 people in the UK die from flu and pneumonia".
Current UK COVID death rates are way above that so it appears that Government practicing euthanasia of vulnerable.
Should we live with 300 COVID deaths a day ?