• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Covid

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm old enough to remember Al loudly and consistently Trumpeting the 'Great Barrington Declaration' - thankfully, never put to the test. Herd immunity through infection rather than vaccination, the vaccine hadn't been developed at that stage. The sombrero would have been seriously squashed as a result.

Funded by a US right wing libertarian think tank, dismissed by WHO, Fauci, Whitty and co as 'dangerously flawed, unscientific and unethical'. Not sure what Prof. Ferguson made of it all.

Mr Jinx

Funded by a US right wing libertarian think tank, dismissed by WHO, Fauci, Whitty and co as 'dangerously flawed, unscientific and unethical'. Not sure what Prof. Ferguson made of it all.
You had me until 'WHO'.

And what wasn't dangerously flawed about the road that was taken by the UK and others wrt vaccination? I mean, didn't anyone stop to think why we were vaccinating under tens for instance?

There definitely was an increase seen in ppl having heart issues around the time of vaccination programs. I remember a month where a weekend of sporting fixtures wouldn't go by without a number of games having to be held up by serious medical emergencies of spectators pitchside. I remember raising it on here at the time only to be dismissed as a loon. Strange then that we haven't seen similar happen recently. It's interesting that such talk around that was 'disproved', rubbished or silenced.

As DB9 and others have pointed out: the vaccine doesn't prevent you getting or spreading Covid, so then why try and vaccinate practically everyone?

angelic upstart

Oddly enough a wrestler died recently (Bray Wyatt) as a result of a heart condition he got through contracting covid.

DB9

And this is where you've allowed DB9 to put words in my mouth.

I was misled in that I thought it would help to prevent it (that's what I took from 'reduce your risk of catching').

It became evident that that was incorrect. Amongst those that we knew, those that caught Covid the most were the ones most jabbed. It was somewhat amusing to then see them give up getting more jabs asking 'well, what's the point?'.

I've never contended the claim that the vaccines help prevent you dying from Covid were you to catch it. I believe that to be true, but then if you're not elderly, obese or have underlying health conditions, you're probably not going to die from it anyway if unjabbed.
Put words into your mouth? You said you were conned, I said with a question mark about being conned and then said the vaccine was never a thing to take and you wouldn't contract Covid again, I said that it would prevent the more serious symptoms.

Radio Free Skaro

You had me until 'WHO'.

And what wasn't dangerously flawed about the road that was taken by the UK and others wrt vaccination? I mean, didn't anyone stop to think why we were vaccinating under tens for instance?

There definitely was an increase seen in ppl having heart issues around the time of vaccination programs. I remember a month where a weekend of sporting fixtures wouldn't go by without a number of games having to be held up by serious medical emergencies of spectators pitchside. I remember raising it on here at the time only to be dismissed as a loon. Strange then that we haven't seen similar happen recently. It's interesting that such talk around that was 'disproved', rubbished or silenced.

As DB9 and others have pointed out: the vaccine doesn't prevent you getting or spreading Covid, so then why try and vaccinate practically everyone?
Because Vaccines limit the impact of the disease .

Mr Jinx

Oddly enough a wrestler died recently (Bray Wyatt) as a result of a heart condition he got through contracting covid.
Some bloke that weighed over 20 stone. But hey, it wos Covid wot did it!

DB9

Some bloke that weighed over 20 stone. But hey, it wos Covid wot did it!
It could of tipped the balance, That is why Covid death numbers are misleading, Dying with Covid and dying of Covid are two separate things, If a person was killed in a road accident and it was found they had Covid that was counted in the figures.

Mr Jinx

Because Vaccines limit the impact of the disease .
What was the impact of the disease for under 10's, pray tell?

DB9

What was the impact of the disease for under 10's, pray tell?
Unless an under 10 had a serious condition or was vulnerable, It was a very small risk, That's why there wasn't a vaccine programme for them I thought.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
I… I… I... agree... with... Tavy... completely... on... this... topic.

***FAINTS***

1693486046064.gif