• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Countdown to the Great West Run - TVR New blog

Thames Valley Red

No training since the 10.5 miles I did on Saturday and I have been limping since with a sore foot. It is not swollen but is painful and its like the underneath of the foot is painful. Slept last night with it raised with a pillow and plan not to do anymore walking/running before the race. still plenty of time for it to ease and feel pretty fit at the moment. I have muscles appearing I never knew and have to buy new suits for work!

I hate to say it but I miss the training, coming from a couch potato and will be running more in the future! I might even book another run over the summer. If the foot does not clear up I will book the next half marathon in the country and run that! That aside things tend to clear quickly with me so I hope to run it in 2 hours 45 minutes.

The Exeweb Roll of Honour:

******** (It breaks his heart) £10
Newbury Grecian £10
Hants Red £10
Martin Lawrence £20
Big Ted £20
Missu TVR £20
Saint James £15
Ian Woodward £5
Northants Grecian £20
Bumble1976 £20
copplered £10
Anonymous £20
Whiff £10
Sharky £10 (Plus £20 in argyle Shirt!)
GrecianStew £25
Mackster £10 (Plus £20 in argyle Shirt!)
Martin Weiler £20
Rae Uk £5 (Many Thanks!)
Ariel Manto £10
CIML £20
Yeovil Grecian £10
B Somers £10
J Denslow £10
Frog Binneys Head £20
CC - £10 (Had it as a PM weeks ago apparently!?! – Soz!)

£350 pledged to date - thanks! Please lets try and get to £500 plus for the pitching in campaign.

UTC

TVR

Thames Valley Red

No training this week for obvious reasons with the race at the weekend. Still have a slightly sore ankle from the weekend, but will run. Bought some new running socks and bits and bobs for the weekend. Running shoes well run in now and will be ready for the race. Have organized the logistics of the day and now need to try and raise £500.

Still a little short and would appreciate some help.

UTC

TVR

Thames Valley Red

Newbury Grecian £10
Hants Red £10
Martin Lawrence £20
Big Ted £20
Missu TVR £20
Saint James £15
Ian Woodward £5
Northants Grecian £20
Bumble1976 £20
copplered £10
Anonymous £20
Whiff £10
GrecianStew £25
Martin Weiler £20
Rae Uk £5 (Many Thanks!)
Ariel Manto £10
CIML £20
Yeovil Grecian £10
B Somers £10
J Denslow £10
Frog Binneys Head £20
Anon (Northern people) - £50

£400 pledged to date - thanks! Please lets try and get to £500 plus for the pitching in campaign.

UTC

TVR

greenawayr

As a fellow person who's not built for running but did the London Marathon nonetheless, I feel your pain.

I have just started running again and need a new pair of trainers as mine have been well and truly run through.

I will sponsor you £10, although no idea how exactly I can get the money to you.

Is there a website, or alternatively, my Dad has been lucky enough to win the Supporters Trust draw and we get "Director for a Day" treatment for the last game of the season against Huddersfield, so will there be anyone I can give my donation to there?

(btw, anyone won this prize before and know what it entails?)

Saint James

As a fellow person who's not built for running but did the London Marathon nonetheless, I feel your pain.

I have just started running again and need a new pair of trainers as mine have been well and truly run through.

I will sponsor you £10, although no idea how exactly I can get the money to you.

Is there a website, or alternatively, my Dad has been lucky enough to win the Supporters Trust draw and we get "Director for a Day" treatment for the last game of the season against Huddersfield, so will there be anyone I can give my donation to there?

(btw, anyone won this prize before and know what it entails?)
Greenie - I'll take your cash for Al if you like. I will be in the Club Reception at 1.30pm before the Udders match.

Tony

greenawayr

Ok, We're hoping to get to the ground for 1:30ish.

Thames Valley Red

Thanks for the extra pledges only a little way to go now and no training. The ankle is still suspect, but will definitely run! Please keep the pledges for 'Pitchin in' going. As for payments you pay Saint James in person at the club for the Huddersfield game, or me, or you will be able to pay by post, paypal, bank transfer.details to be announced after the race is completed!

This is great motivation to run!

Newbury Grecian £10
Hants Red £10
Martin Lawrence £20
Big Ted £20
Missu TVR £20
Saint James £15
Ian Woodward £5
Northants Grecian £20
Bumble1976 £20
copplered £10
Anonymous £20
Whiff £10
GrecianStew £25
Martin Weiler £20
Rae Uk £5 (Many Thanks!)
Ariel Manto £10
CIML £20
Yeovil Grecian £10
B Somers £10
J Denslow £10
Frog Binneys Head £20
Anon (Northern people) - £50
'Greenie' - £20
Anon 'M' - £10

£430 pledged to date - thanks! Please lets try and get to £500 plus for the pitching in campaign.

UTC and Thanks!

TVR

flackyISmydadHONEST

Well-known Exeweb poster
Chuck me in for a tenner Al.

cheltGrecian

Can't believe if City go up cheltenham will go dow
Hi Mate,

Hope you had fun today i managed to do 2:10 am well knackered now lol.

I have made a about £15 so far but will go round friends and work on tuesday to see what i can get.

Who do i need to give it too?

Andrew

Saint James

Hi Mate,

Hope you had fun today i managed to do 2:10 am well knackered now lol.

I have made a about £15 so far but will go round friends and work on tuesday to see what i can get.

Who do i need to give it too?

Andrew
Andrew, if you come and find me in club reception (before 2pm) on Saturday I will take it off your hands. I was the one today at the start who wasn't running! Otherwise you can pay it over the counter in reception as they will take cash for pitch in.

Cheers Andrew.

Tony Badcock