• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Could you help on a match day?

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
In all fairness Shabba, swearing in the stands has been brought up within the GGF on many occasions!! But the act of involving fans to police this (to my knowledge) hasn't even been mentioned.

This quote was in a email sent out to the members of the GGF last night. I was hoping that someone else would publish this email since it has since been sent out to other city members too I guess, seeing people are tweeting about it.

Last edited:

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Its a football stadium with 3000 blokes , most of which will prob of had a couple pints before the game....

no swearing ? there might as well be no goals we should just stick jumpers down for goalposts...

PeteUSA

Dont that beat all! So fans who pay to watch games are being asked to refrain from swearin? I dont know how thats going to be enforced, since foul language at the opposition players, or more importantly the referee, is part of the deal! I know the OG is a family stand (with small children) but nobodys going to stop profanities!

PeteUSA

Dont that beat all! So fans who pay to watch games are being asked to refrain from swearin? I dont know how thats going to be enforced, since foul language at the opposition players, or more importantly the referee, is part of the deal! I know the OG is a family stand (with small children) but nobodys going to stop profanities!
Lez, you're off you're nut man. Must be the thought of losing Art!

Greesh

rp42?

I would hazzard a guess you are from either Whipton or Exwick.

(Nice try 'Arnie')

GRECIANS1904

Getting paid £6.19 an hour to watch s**t sounds too good to be f*****g true

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Lez, you're off you're nut man. Must be the thought of losing Art!
I'm confused now!!'

Bittners a Legend

In all fairness Shabba, swearing in the stands has been brought up within the GGF on many occasions!! But the act of involving fans to police this (to my knowledge) hasn't even been mentioned.

This quote was in a email sent out to the members of the GGF last night. I was hoping that someone else would publish this email since it has since been sent out to other city members too I guess, seeing people are tweeting about it.
Sorry Lez if I am being dim but could you clarify what quote you're referring to here?

I'm assuming this must be a wind up because the idea is utterly absurd.

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry the quote I was referring to was the OP!! It was from an email

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
And in all fairness, I think swearing is the least of our problems.