• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Could we win the league?

exeterrobbo5

dont think accrington will win the league.add another 6 points to that????

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yoikes! Now you've done it Max! GJ will be on here soon to shoot you down with all the usual crepp about Tis being Sh*te, half the team incapable of playing football, boring footie at the park, Steve P being a worthless useless waste of money, trust being clueless, Gary Johnston should take over etc etc etc............. You just know it's gonna happen. No-one is allowed to make positive comments on exeweb any more! That's why I rarely bother with these forums nowadays.........
Nah don't worry Tel, this thread is all yours and the other toe-nailers to get excited about. My thoughts on this are pretty clear so I'll let you all get excited on this one.

All I will say is that it's a rpetty pointless OP from Max as obviously the answer is yes we can. If it was 'Will we...' then it would have had more substance. I said Chesterfield pre-season and I'm sticking to that but they are doign their best to make it hard for themselves.

Incontinentia

No. People are getting carried away.

It's been a better start to the season than most of us expected, but we're still at a stage where there aren't a lot of points between a lot of sides in the top half. We've played well and got the best from players, but haven't dominated matches in the way title winning teams can. We were worried at the start of the season about a slightly thin squad in case of injury, and a lack of resources to add if we needed to do so mid season - those constrains still apply. Let's enjoy it, because we will get a rough patch (all teams do) and will be glad to have racked up some good points now.

rowbotham8990

Far too early to tell. 46 games is a loooooong season. Rotherham finished 2nd last year, even though they 15 games. Point being, this league is so evenly balanced that pretty much anything could happen. I still think we could finish anywhere between 1st and 16th.

Having said that, I would be tempted to have a tenner on us at 28/1!

FAN-TATIC

s**t! Fanny, as fond as I am of you, jump on and "enjoy the ride" gets on my tits nearly as much as "Move along, nothing to see here", City had "a bad day at the office", as well as 'assist' 'glovesman' and 'early doors'! Now I'm going to hit the sack! Goodnight.
"Hit the sack!" What the hell has the sack ever done to you Pete? You need to get street wise mate, violence only breeds violence. Caress the sack, talk to it in a sweet sympathetic, understanding kind of way. If this doesn't work, contact a counsellor and arrange some "Anger management" and if after all this kind, touchy feely, politically correct effort proves to be unsuccessful................................kick the **** out of it!!!

Good night Pete, remember it's early doors and it's time to move along because there is nothing here to see even if one is having a bad day at the office.:D

STURTZ

Win the league?

Let's get through Christmas first.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
All the people saying we've got a thin squad and are vulnerable to injuries.... actually, I think this is one of our main strenghs. Compared to previous seasons, we don't rely on any individuals too heavily, I wouldn't say. Beyond Artur, I can't see many individuals who would weaken the team that much by being out... they're all struggling to hold down a starting place. Whether the quality we have is of sufficient quality is the real question. Don't think we'll win it, but I fancy us to do well.

STURTZ

A lot depends on Gow staying fit, can't see any other player being able to step into his cultured boots at the moment.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
A lot depends on Gow staying fit, can't see any other player being able to step into his cultured boots at the moment.
I can. Keohane.

Dubai Grecian

Of course we can win it. However, those who remember 1990 will recall that not only did we have a good team we had a half decent squad with all key positions covered, most importantly we kept in general injury free.....(we also had an outstanding home form)